Unspent convictions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Mark88, Nov 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon, new member so go easy on me please. I was wondering, i have recently done a 4 week custodial sentence for breach of community order. I was wanting to join the TA but i appreciate that now with this custodial things are going to be difficult/impossible now. Im 23 (24) on friday, and have read that this will take 7 years to become "spent". I asked on another forum and was directed here so i just thought id ask for a bit of clarification. The charge was for sale by false misrepresentation (a family friend was in trouble with a loan shark and she foolishly sold things she didnt own on ebay for a bit of quick money, items never arrived and she was arrested, she has an autistic son who was 4 at the time so ifelt sorry for her and said it was me that had done it (where the false misrepresentation came from) i now have no hours to do and ive paid up the fines. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. I was led to believe that if you'd done time inside the big house it was never spent, the only reason I know this is that I was looking up when mine was spent.

3. I think you will find this is spot on.

4. Best to give AFCO or the PSAO of your local unit a call but I have a feeling neh

5. Another option French Foreign Legion - Recruiting , you dont need to tell them about your jail time but make sure you get your story straight and stick to it rigidly.

6. Do the Legion do 'part-time' ?

7. Unofficially yes ....most dont finish their 5 year contract ,Brits being one of the worst.

8. Is that because of a relatively small stretch of water between us or having a welfare state whereas others don't have either option ?

9. Pretty much plus its not as some think it might be , boredom being one of the biggest problems.

10. "Bored Geste"