unspent conviction

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by laurencarter, May 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a conviction for common assault dated back to Dec 04. I have eigteen months before this is spent. Will this stop me from joining the TA? it is three and a half years old, and the only conviction that i have?
  2. Dude, high blood pressure and assualt! Not looking good for you is it?
  3. Yeah but in all fairness i do not have high blood pressure anymore, and my conviction was three and a half years ago.
  4. Can't speak for TA specifically.

Declared convictions arising from isolated incidents which have been spent, do not ordinarily cause a problem during the clearance process. It certainly doesn't bar members of the police force or MOD staff.

The key is to be honest, do NOT be tempted to "overlook" the fact that you still have to declare spent convictions during the process.
  5. Wouldn't think it should be a problem if it is just one conviction and like said do be honest
  6. Thats what i thought, i will be honest from the start.
  7. Not looking good on the site either. HAve you seen how mnay threads this nugget has started?
  8. How about if you dont have something constuctive to say just **** off.
  9. Is...'you'll not get in as you are a con with an unspent conviction for assualt and you've got a blood pressure problem'...constructive enough for you?

Now why don't you stop clogging up the site.
  10. Not really just sounds like your a little plum with a bad attitude problem.
  11. Whatever you say.......punchy.
  12. So what you on the site for? apart from digging at people who want honest answers.
  13. I'm here to be entertained by the window lickers of this world. People who dribble while eating also provide the same entertainment. I also enjoy the internet company of morons, oxygen thieves, kack-holsters, chavs, pikeys, deviants, pinkos, people who fiddle with animals in unusual ways, and last but by no means least, attention starved idiots who insist on flaunting their lack of etiquette on the internet.

What brings you out of the psych ward today?
  14. What a ******