Unsolicited PM asking if I want to appear in a PTSD documentary

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by thegimp, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF is this about

Hello there,

I'm a TV researcher for a major Dutch TV documentary producer. I'm seeking UK veterans - in the Southeast and Northwest – who suffer PTSD to talk, on camera, about their experiences for a sensitive documentary, filming July 10th-12th. Might you be interested? Happy to talk it through over the telephone if so.

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Which username did it come from? Can you forward the PM to me (Guns)

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. salvolatile
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

It's salvolatile, I binned a load of her shite into A&E a little while ago. I thought I'd banned her at the same time but obviously didn't.
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Although I have now.
  7. To be fair, it's slightly more sociable than the PM I received yesterday....................................

I read your post..re 21 SAS Selection, being a piece of piss! Clearly you know a lot about Special Forces training and selection and can hold your own with the best of US! ..That;s why I want to see a photo of you, just to check and see waht an awesome physical specimen you are....NOT. Here's the truth...in all your thousands of posts I'm willing to bet, you are a pathetic, limp dick non entity, that has never served your own country with pride ...let alone Great Britain ....one of the pre eminent nations that ever existed on this planet. Well guess what motherfucker...I did! I served my country with pride, I sacrificed a lot to do that. I underwent 21 SAS selection and spent 6 yrs in special forces as well as completing the all arms commando course at Lympstone in devon and serving in commando forces for another 6 yrs. Listen you need to crawl very quickly back under the stone you emerged from..because you are a **** who knows **** all about what it takes to be a soldier...let alone an elite one....!

Sent by:

8. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

To be fair B-H its not that far from the truth.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He knows you personally then?
  10. Sorry BH, the missus was on the blob when she sent that, she's a bit better today.
  11. You've pulled, don't knock it!
  12. Followed the link & found - Tunni56 has not made any friends yet.

I wonder why?
  13. Seems to have got sand in his knickers, for certain.
  14. I think I know who it is, and yes he was 21, and did serve in Lympstone, if its the chap I am thinking off, nice as pie, Badger you must have upset him, normally very quiet. I will send him a FB message to find out what you did.

as for the PTSD bird she has been hounding me as well.

though she was polite in her answer.