Unseen Recruiting Film

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Outstanding, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen this before (minus the "we do bad things...") on a dvd given to me by my recruiting office. It then went on to split down into each trade and what each soldier's role was.
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Look a bit rough, tough and scary to me.
    Off to the 20-minuters, I think. ;-)

Wierd background music, though. What was that supposed to be?
  3. It's the theme music to Last of the Mohicans.

And I am the world's biggest nerd.
  4. From the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack I believe.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Ahhh ... OK :?

It was a film, yes?
    Starring an American and a girl you most deffo would?
    I may have missed it, of course :lol:

Thanks, guys.
  6. b_s, The Last of the Mohicans is a bloody good film with a haunting soundtrack, starring Daniel Day Lewis and Elizabeth Mastrantonio (feck, I'm a film geek)
  7. Forgot to say, that's an excellent fcuking ad.

If the MoD spent £1Zillion on the entire ad slot for a primetime show- say the X Factor final- and showed this, I dare say hits on the Army careers website would instantly go through the roof.

The cost of using the Hollywood soundtrack would probably scupper the carrier project though...

8. But think about the sort of people who watch the X factor? They are usually only one genetic level up from Big Brother views.

Quality, not quantity please. :D
  9. I'm very curious about this, is it actually official? Obviously all the scenes where officially produced but I saw this playing in the AFCO and it did not have the music or the bit at the end about bad people, and it was interspersed with comments from soldiers like the one where the soldier says "I've been trained to cope..." except there where more than the sole one you see in this video.

Obviously this could be a revised version the MoD made themselves, the music and the "Bad people" at the end just seem way over the top for the army's usual "We are the good guys" orientated recruitment material.

If it is official then it's fantastic, they need to get this into some prime time slots. It's inspirational stuff like this that gets people interested, just look at what the US armies "Army of one" material did for their recruitment!
  10. Its obvious why the video was not aired.

Did you not see that challenger 2 run over that scrub bush heaven forbid! The greenies would have us hung.

Nice views of cyprus and paramali village though.
  11. Ewwwwwww.

Funny tho
  12. This one isn't half bad either. In fact I think I actually prefer it.

It's called The Gael, and as people have already said was in that Last of the Mohicans film thingie.