Unpaid leave

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Chuzu, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have heard you can do this well by actually reading a leave pass.


    1) how long can you take

    2) do you have to hand 1157 in

    3) can you get another job

    4) do you have to move out off accomodation

    5) if in Germany are you still entitled to use the naffi

    reason i ask is just i was considering taking an extended holiday possibly upto 6 months after i get back from tour next year and wondering if this was feasible.
  2. Check this out:

    Reference: 2005DIN02-198
    Released: October 2005
    Channel: 02 - Personnel
    Content: The DIN contains advice on how to apply to be considered for a career break of up to 2 years and the allowances that may be retained during this period.

    Will try to upload it but you should be able to get it via ArmyNet

    Attached Files:

  3. Seems like my idea off traveling for a few months student gap year styley is'nt exactly what they planned it for so prob have some hard work to convince a CO to let me go wander round africa for a bit.
  4. Hmmm, maybe!

    I have only heard of a couple of people who have been successful; one was to help run a family business in trouble and the other was also for family reasons. My desk officer laughed his cotton socks off when I asked!

    Read the DIN and ask, but sort out your reason first! Shagging your way around the world with all the geld you earned on tour is probably not an acceptable reason....IMHO! :D :D :D