Unofficial signs

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by dutch_paddy, Aug 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came across a sign at Girdwood Base Belfast at gate 13 it said TANKIES GATE - TARGETS UP. I assume it was a reference to the guys going out on foot patrol. Gallows humour I know, any thoughts or other examples. also the designs on the blast walls throughout the base show a serious amount of artistic talent in the Army over the years.
  2. sniper at work - south armagh now amended to on hold
    wipe yer skids - on a golf tower hls
    don't worry be happy on XMG hls

Attached Files:

3. i forgot to rotate the image - doh!!
  4. Well made me laugh... :lol:

Attached Files:

5. I saw a picture of one that said 'Warning: This sign has sharp edges'.

Sorry no link, you'll just have to believe me.
  6. This ones for you Morty,. 8)

Particularly like the writing at the foot of the sign, surely deserves a sign all of
    it's own.......Like bloody huge maybe!!
  7. Sounds like a reference to when we ( 2rtr-badger) were 'invited' to patrol with the Scots Guards at Girdwood......little kiddies waiting with piles of rocks while waiting for their school bus.....gits !!
  8. Know what you mean, was there in 96, doing top cover on a mobile patrol the little Ba###rds never stop throwing bricks,stones,bottles anything really, and these were the Prod kids.. :? Fcukers...

Also did a static VCP with the RUC on the Limestone Road, when it all went off.The RUC were amongst it while me and the boys were in the back of a Grey snatch drinking good old tea....Ahh the days... :lol:
  9. That's the bugger! Good work, fella! Laughed so hard my hoop prolapsed when I saw that, didn't even notice the 'Bridge Out' bit at t'bottom!!
  10. Heres some more from those yanks!! :lol:

Attached Files:

11. Some more.... :lol:

Attached Files:

12. a sign seen in a shop window in Campbeltown, Scotland

Read to the end before you throw the teddy out of the cot

This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Campbeltown Scotland. You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement.

However, we are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty.
    And after all, it is only a sign but you may ask;
    'what kind of business would dare post such a sign ?.

Answer: A Funeral Parlour

(Who said morticians had no sense of humour?)

You gotta love it!!!