Uno becomes first beagle to win top prize at Westminster

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Trip_Wire, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Barking and baying up a storm, Uno lived up to his name Tuesday night by becoming the first beagle to win best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.

The nation's new top dog was clearly the fan favorite, and drew a roaring, standing ovation from the sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden when he was picked.

Link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23140367/

Attached Files:

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Thanks for that.

I was losing sleep not knowing.

:roll:

3. ....and in other news, a man eats his own spleen and lives.

Trip. I used to think you were a dull, moronic septic.

I certainly dont think that any more.

I fucking KNOW it now.

4. Well, he must have really licked the competition. They can't have been within a sniff of him.

5. Now they will bring the little guy home and make him breed and breed and breed and breed. They will be raking in big stud fees and the poor dog will be exhausted. Tough life for Uno.

6. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Why am I not surprised, with TLFH's remarks? I guess he doesn't love dogs. No time for that he loves himself to much to share it with a dog or anything else for that matter!!

In the UK, The most prestigious Championship show is Crufts, and each dog entered at Crufts has had to qualify by certain wins at Championship or Open show level.

The Westminster dog show, is Americas top dog show, winning it is a great achievement. both for the dog, handler and owner.

I thought it was news worthy, for those that love and appreciate dogs. I know it sure was here in the USA, especially for those of us that are sick of presidential politics and/or political attack ads, etc.

General info link.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformation_show

Quote from link:

"Dog shows in the UK:

There are several types of show in the UK. The smallest are the Companion Shows, where there are usually a few conformation classes for pedigree dogs, and several "novelty" classes, such as waggiest tail and handsomest dog, which are open to any dog including crossbreeds. These shows are usually held to support a charity or other good cause.

Then there are Open shows, which are open only to dogs registered with the Kennel Club. There are many Open Shows that are held all around the country. Here the dog & handler can gain experience and the dog can gain points towards a Junior Warrant award or a Show Certificate of Merit.

There are also Limited shows, which are open only to members of the Society or Club running the show, and Challenge Certificate winners (see below) cannot enter.

Finally, there are the huge Championship shows, where dogs can gain points towards a Junior Warrant and compete for the highly coveted Challenge Certificate (CC). If the breed is sufficiently numerous, the Kennel Club awards a Challenge Certificate for the Best Dog and Best Bitch.

A dog needs three CCs from three different judges to be awarded the title of Champion one of which must be awarded when the dog is over 12 month old. The most prestigious Championship show is Crufts, and each dog entered at Crufts has had to qualify by certain wins at Championship or Open show level.

The Kennel Club also operates a separate show open only to mixed-breeds, Scruffts, which judges its contestants on character, health, and temperament with people and other dogs."

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I've got a dog, and this thread is utter pants.

There isn't a single thread on this site dedicated to Crufts either.

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Fugly:

Thanks for your TWO opinions!

Many people have or own dogs, very few breed raise, train and show dogs at the level of Crupps and/or Westninster.

To breed raise, train and reach the level of Westminster and/or Crupps, in the SPORT, one must devote a large chunk of their life to the sport and their dog.

You'll no doubt notice that this thread is posted in the "Sports, Adventure Training and Event forum." It is a serious sport in your country, as well as mine and many others.

This is a sport and the two dog shows are SPORTING events.

I guess now, that I have posted this news article about the dog shows, and the latest winner of Westminster there is at least a mention here about the SPORT of dog showing and the two largest dog show events, held in the world.

The other news worthy factor was this is the first of the Beagle breed to win at either show.

Football and/or Soccer are not the only SPORTS and/or sports events in the world!

9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Any other random "sports" you want to highlight then?

It's pretty obvious that the main demographic of Arrse (despite lots having dogs themselves) aren't all that fussed about Crufts etc, so I don't see why you're getting upset when we're not really interested in a similar event on the duller side of the pond.

10. How many Marlboro does 'Uno' smoke a day?

Trip, its a pointless thread with absoloutely nothing whatsoever to do with military, squaddies or pissing up a birds womb.

As always, you've proved you're a slack jawed red neck hick who fcuks his sister, daughter and mother (same person) and really has no idea what this site or British squaddies are about.

11. And here we can see backstage at Westminster prior to the final round. Nerves are on edge as the candidates await the judges final decision;

[​IMG]

12. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

TLFH:

Oh I see! Ok! Please tell me what this thread in the same form has to do with "with military, squaddies or pissing up a birds womb."

This thread as well as a few other in it are about sports?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=88818.html

As for your remarks about my mother, etc. I don't appreciate that type of insult to my family. I really don't care what you may call me; however, when you start insulting my family members, etc. I find that disgusting, base and demeaning, even for a 'OT' and cnut like you!

If you made such a comment to my face I would rip your head off and shite down your neck!

You are a real low life POS! :x

13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

My advice to you, skip reading the thread, the title of the tread was pretty clear, why bother to read it, if your not interested in such things?

If your so uninterested in this thread why are you continuing to read? Why all the inane comments, if you think its not interesting?

14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Possibly because most of your posts are complete random US-orientated threads, a lot of which have little interest to us - the rest of your posts involve you defending why you have posted the shite ones in the fist place.

Like this thread, for instance.

15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Also, the title of the thread was not clear at all, considering Westminster means something completely different here.

Meanwhile, at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Chatham, a mongrel named Uno was ripped to pieces by a pack of feral chavs. Link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.