Unmarked grave of 800 children found in Galway

...when mum married dad in Tenby in the 50's she wouldn't "convert to RC" so the RC canon said, ok, I'll marry you - but it won't be blessed by the pope so it won't be a true marriage - oh, and you're not having the choir, and no bells, only two hymns, no confetti and pay here please.... They were blessed by two boys. Mum had no family. Eldest son was baptised RC, went to RC school, got all the postal orders at Christmas and birthdays from god parents (dad's various sisters and aunties from a good Irish catholic background). Youngest nearly died at birth and was baptised hurriedly as C of E. Youngest did not get postal orders from god parents ...because he didn't have any. Apparently the various good Irish catholic sisters and aunties were nowhere to be found... and the little C of E boy wasn't considered worthy of postal orders or birthday cards. Made the little Cof E boy grow up questioning a lot about religion, morals and the way people slavishly follow a cult. The little CofE boy somehow ended up being re-affirmed and confirmed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and that definitely stopped any further thought of birthday and Christmas cards from the other side of the family. :) It really is a strange little world where nuns, the sisters of god can create so much upset and act in truly a devilish way and get away with it. Yes, I was that little boy with no postal orders....
There was a time if you were the RC going into a mixed marriage you had to promise to raise the kids as RC. Now you have to do your upmost to raise any kids as RC

Calling Stephen Fry 'Gaybo' would be, calling Gay Byrne 'Gaybo' isn't.

That's a Christian name that seems to have become unfashionable.

PS I just Googled him, Gay is an abbreviation for Gabriel.
He also avoids any possible confusion with Gabriel Byrne the Irish actor and producer by using Gay as his working name.

...when mum married dad in Tenby in the 50's she wouldn't "convert to RC" so the RC canon said, ok, I'll marry you - but it won't be blessed by the pope so it won't be a true marriage - oh, and you're not having the choir, and no bells, only two hymns, no confetti and pay here please.... They were blessed by two boys. Mum had no family. Eldest son was baptised RC, went to RC school, got all the postal orders at Christmas and birthdays from god parents (dad's various sisters and aunties from a good Irish catholic background). Youngest nearly died at birth and was baptised hurriedly as C of E. Youngest did not get postal orders from god parents ...because he didn't have any. Apparently the various good Irish catholic sisters and aunties were nowhere to be found... and the little C of E boy wasn't considered worthy of postal orders or birthday cards. Made the little Cof E boy grow up questioning a lot about religion, morals and the way people slavishly follow a cult. The little CofE boy somehow ended up being re-affirmed and confirmed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and that definitely stopped any further thought of birthday and Christmas cards from the other side of the family. :) It really is a strange little world where nuns, the sisters of god can create so much upset and act in truly a devilish way and get away with it. Yes, I was that little boy with no postal orders....
Serves you right for bringing shame on the family.

Nuns aren't sisters of god they are married to him.