Unlocking the car stereo

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by brettarider, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a website or info on how to unlock my car stero it's went into safe mode after the battery went flat and I dont have the code. It's from a SEAT so pretty sure it's a common one across the VAG group range
  2. JUst had the same problem with my Land Rover Discovery.
    Simply phoned the service dpet of the last main dealer to service it from invoices and they gave me the code.
    Free too
  3. Cheers mate I'll give that a go tomorrow
  4. Put it in the freezer in a plastic bag overnight.

'Tea Leaf' solution. Cracks the crystal.
  5. A favoured solution with stereos such as the older Fords, modern units aren't as vunerable to it I believe :D
  6. if you get no joy from the dealer take it to your local 'legit' scrappy and he will recode it for a few of her majesty's finest folding.
  7. How did you know that I am driving an older Ford with a spiked sound system.?

And yes, you are right - all the rave in the 1980's.
  8. The code should be written in your service or users manual that came with the car?
  9. Never got one with it
  10. Quite often (or so I've been told) the radio has a sticker with the code on somewhere on the back. Have you taken it out and had a look? (You'll need some special thingymygjigs that you can get from halfords for a couple of bob.)
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My Pugeot's was stuck to the back like Stooge said.
  12. Couple of links in HERE. I know it's a different car but it might give you a start.
  13. I've always found a crowbar to be useful....

Hat, coat, taxi! :D

14. All sorted now local car parts shop had the keys pulled it out only to find the unlock code on the base of the stereo by the fella who unlocked it for me last year. But the code wouldn't work at a loss I phoned up a place i knew serviced it some time ago and they still had the factory code popped that in and bingo cooking with gas.
    I think what's happened as the car was parked up for a bit the battery died and the stereo defaulted back to factory settings somehow managed to keep the Geordie shite radio stations though