unlocking phones

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Fablonbiffchitthe1st, Dec 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been given a Nokia Express touchphone locked on Vodafone. I am on Orange. Now I will be getting the phone unlocked thus allowing me to use my Orange simcard. However my question is this: will I be able to utilise the phones full features ie internet etc on my Orange card once its unlocked or will I be restricted to the most basic functions ie calls and texts? And if I am able to use internet etc would I have to reset settings accordingly or anything even mildly complicated? Any help appreciated.Cheers
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Based on my experience yesterday after dropping my fekking nokia down the bog! I had a virgin mobile htc from a previous contract and once sorted everything works just fine. Except the Nokia which is truly fucked!
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

everything should work fine, sometimes the sim needs an update and you cant get rid of the branding when you turn the phone on but that's usually all.
  4. I don't know anything about unlocking phones, but the first sentence nearly made me piss myself! (I'm easily ammused)
  5. Unlocked my iPhone and it has worked perfectly with several sims from different providers (from three different countries) without further messing. You should be fine.
  6. Grumblegrunt

seeing as someone has just found their iphone from the bottom of a lake it should dry out if you do it slow, wrap in tissue and put is salt or sugar is supposed to help.

the only thing which usually fails to work is the touch screen.
  7. Rice, I heard. Pack it in some rice and put it somewhere warm (not too warm!) for a couple of days.
  8. Grumblegrunt

anything which attracts water, sugar and salt are the best, rice, pasta and potato flakes after. silica gel even :)

not too warm or the bits and bobs will corrode and short out
  9. Putting a wet mobile phone into salt is surely the very worst thing you can consider doing aside from drying it out with a flamethrower?