• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

unlock codes for car radios AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Chech your Audio user guide, it should tell you in there. Failing that, contact a local Audi showroom, and they will be able to help you. You will need to give them the make/model and serial number of your system and hopefully they will give you the four figure code to unlock it.

yes yes I know all that but they want big bucks to unlock it. Cheaper to buy a Halfords CD player! Before you say it, it won't fit in the dash GRRRRRRRRRR

DarkNinja said:
I have just put a new battery in my Audi and the radio/CD player won't work!
How the f*ck do i unlock it?
Whatever you do... don't try and guess - three wrong hits and it fries.

Audi dealers will know - it's all on their database.

You really should try the freezer... I've heard that works. If that fails - try boiling it too. Then there's the pour a pint of single malt scotch into it, followed by...

no seriously - the freezer... might work.

Freezer and plastic bag as recommended for 24hrs. The plastic bag is to stop any moisture condensing inside the radio and destroying the internals.

Make certain the radio is as dry as possible before inserting into plastic bag and sealing it. Don't try to do this on a wet, rainy day!

Litotes

Litotes said:
Freezer and plastic bag as recommended for 24hrs. The plastic bag is to stop any moisture condensing inside the radio and destroying the internals.

Make certain the radio is as dry as possible before inserting into plastic bag and sealing it. Don't try to do this on a wet, rainy day!

Litotes
How does this work

The code is needed to activate a chip inside the radio. Computer guys work their way round circuits spraying freeze ice onto chips (they go to sleep until they thaw out) until they hit one that makes no difference: this is the duff chip.

Memory chips can be sent to sleep the same way, you just gotta hope when it wakes up it has reset itself to zero or some basic setting, otherwise you are still in the same boat.

Staying overnight at someone else's place and deciding to stache your encrypted radio in their freezer, well, Captain Tw8tty strikes again!

Latest Threads