Unlikely and backdoor procurements - China et al

The same place as the Yanks. The question is answered by Israel's close but puzzling diplomatic and military training ties to President Obote's Uganda - particularly in the Congo border areas. Allegedly.
Have a look for the links between the Izzis, SA and Chily back in the 80ies. Also King Hussein of Jordan , do they have a link to the UK? He was very interested in things south back in the day.

Not a myth just what I was told. have a German mate who did a tour in the Congo back in the 199ies. Until I met him never even knew the Germans did postings to Africa. Anyway he had a few years there and drove around quite a bit.

Funny thing was he could not miss the large “American “ aircraft landing on one of the bases . Well big aircraft with no markings, but C130ies.
Here's a good Youtube short doc for the tinfoil wearers. Hang on - there's someone at the door....

Dread

LE
One might like to ask where the Israelis managed to source the weapons grade plutonium that they have not got to build the weapons they don't have...?
Plutonium doesn't occur naturally (thank God: it's the most poisonous substance known to man). It is produced in nuclear reactors and reclaimed during the reprocessing of used fuel rods.

So the Israelis get theirs from their nuclear power station at Dimona. We get ours from Sellafield.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
The French sold them a reactor and they sort of acquired a ship full of Yellow Cake. I assume their early weapons were Uranium based.

On that topic, am I right in thinking that HM Customs intercepted a load of ultra high specifications capacitors heading to Iraq in 1990? I have no idea what they claimed they wanted them for, but the intelligence people reckoned they had potential nuclear weapon uses.
Very fast high voltage switches.
Taps side of nose.
Say no moar!

HE117

LE

HE117

LE
Plutonium doesn't occur naturally (thank God: it's the most poisonous substance known to man). It is produced in nuclear reactors and reclaimed during the reprocessing of used fuel rods.

So the Israelis get theirs from their nuclear power station at Dimona. We get ours from Sellafield.
...really?

Gosh!

Last edited:

Dread

LE
...really?

Gosh!
Maybe I was being bullshitted to by my teachers, but I was taught that the smallest amount of plutonium, if inhaled or otherwise ingested, would cause fatal damage by destroying cells' DNA chains and also causing cancer.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The same place as the Yanks. The question is answered by Israel's close but puzzling diplomatic and military training ties to President Obote's Uganda - particularly in the Congo border areas. Allegedly.
The Sum of All Fears (Clancy) starts during the Yom Kippur War. The Israelis are losing. The call for their final solution to stop the advancing Arabs. An A4 Skyhawk takes off carrying an atomic bomb to drop on the lead troops. Only to crash or get shot down. The device is recovered and ends up decades later being fashioned into an IED to target the US president at the Superbowl.

In the aftermath, Clancy has US scientists being able to identify the nuclear bang staff from remnants recovered downwind as having come from a particular refinery in Tennessee, and its age, and that it had been in a device sold to the Israelis.

Of course it's fiction.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Have a look for the links between the Izzis, SA and Chily back in the 80ies. Also King Hussein of Jordan , do they have a link to the UK? He was very interested in things south back in the day.
Hussein was very much an Anglophile. His British cavalry subaltern son Abdullah even more so, having an English mother.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Maybe I was being bullshitted to by my teachers, but I was taught that the smallest amount of plutonium, if inhaled or otherwise ingested, would cause fatal damage by destroying cells' DNA chains and also causing cancer.
There's a Commie sub (Komsomolets) on the sea floor off North Cape. Torpedo doors open, nuclear torpedoes loaded.

It's been posited that if the plutonium therein escapes into the sea, 15kg or something will be enough to poison the entire planet's water supply.

I'll leave the Google-fu. I'm on my mobile.

Edit. Back on tablet.

Last edited:
Maybe not :)

Because it emits alpha particles, plutonium is most dangerous when inhaled. When plutonium particles are inhaled, they lodge in the lung tissue. The alpha particles can kill lung cells, which causes scarring of the lungs, leading to further lung disease and cancer. Plutonium can enter the blood stream from the lungs and travel to the kidneys, meaning that the blood and the kidneys will be exposed to alpha particles. Once plutonium circulates through the body, it concentrates in the bones, liver, and spleen, exposing these organs to alpha particles. Plutonium that is ingested from contaminated food or water does not pose a serious threat to humans because the stomach does not absorb plutonium easily and so it passes out of the body in the feces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mentioned this previously on here but cant find it.
Many years ago I worked for the AA, we ran the world's largest command and control system not owned by a government agency.
One fine day a group of gentlemen are being shown round, they all wore foreign military uniform and had moustaches that later became well known on the face of Saddam and his chums.
The suppliers did not get an export licence.
I was going to tell that tale, with an unko contributor on here as telling it - glad you got in first.

care to elaborat?

I was told by someone who works with the stuff, that 98% of fuel can be recycled and reused and put back into a reactor. Of the remaining two percent, one of them can be used for making bombs.
The remaining one percent is the really nasty stuff and a shot glass's worth exposed to a stadium full of poeple from the center spot would give everyone in the stadium a lethal dose in about 20 seconds.