University TEWT Project (Help Please)

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ringo182, Nov 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello, hope you don't mind me intruding on your forum. i'm not a member of the armed forces but i am currently working on a project about TEWT's as part of my university degree and was just hoping that someone out there could shed some light on the subject. Obviously i've done some research on the subject but there isn't too much out there. Just in case anyone is unfamiliar wuth the term (i've had some problems on other forums) it stands for Tactical Exercise Without Troops.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any internet sites, books, films or other sources that might help me. Also if anyone has any info on the subject that they could pass on on this message board it would be greatly appreciated. The kind of stuff i am looking for is the origins of TEWT's, how they have developed over the years, they're purpose and how they are currently used by the armed forces. Also if anyone has any personal experience of taking part in any TEWT's then please let me know.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

p.s sorry for posting this question on 2 differant forums but i just figured that some people might look at 1 forum more then another.
  2. Phone up your local UOTC or find someone in it and ask them.