University of London OTC Alumni dinners.

Discussion in 'OTC' started by Rosbif1969, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

I'm not sure if you're all aware, but the ULOTC is holding a series of Alumni dinners to mark the centenary. For those where the OTC has contact details, this email has gone out:

Dear Alumni,

We are delighted to officially invite you to our Alumni Dinners and to announce that bookings for them are now being accepted. Please find your invitation here (2.5 MB). To book your place, please visit We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Yeomanry House during 2009.

As a result of the Christmas holiday period, we have encountered delays in setting up our banking and online payment facilities and therefore we are only now able to accept bookings. With this in mind, we are reluctantly forced to postpone the first of our Alumni Dinners due to the fact that we cannot confirm our requirements with external companies in time for 16 January. Those who were part of the unit up until 1980 will now have their dinner later in the year, on Friday 29 May.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but look forward to welcoming you all.

Pass the word around, sign up for the dinner and get down there!

2. Bugger. Cancelled for those joined before the 90's.

Here's the email from the CO:

Dear ULOTC Alumni of the 80's,

We are sorry to announce the following message on behalf of the Commanding Officer of ULOTC:

Regrettably I have decided to postpone the Alumni Dinner planned for 30 January. It is taking far longer to find alumni than we had anticipated and although 18 alumni were due to come on 30th January, I think it would be a far more fun evening if we delay it for a couple of months whilst we make contact with more former officer cadets. I apologise if this significantly disrupts arrangements that you have made.

Lt Col Henry Sugden, CO ULOTC

As the Commanding Officer has alluded to above, we are now hoping to host a much larger dinner for those that left in the 80s than the one originally scheduled. This dinner will be held at Yeomanry House on May 29, and will be open to those who joined ULOTC before 1990. On behalf of ULOTC Alumni I, too, apologise if this has disrupted any arrangements you have made and hope to welcome you in May.

If you cannot, for whatever reason, attend the new date, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will ensure you receive a full refund for your ticket(s) either by cheque or via paypal.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for dinner reservation and ask you, once again, to please contact as many ex-OCdts that you know as possible and ask them to register at the Alumni website. Moreover, please forward us their details to chase up as necessary. This will ensure the dinner on 29 May 2009 is as successful as it should be