University funding

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by BoomShackerLacker, Jun 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fee differentials appear entirely appropriate - the US model hilighted just now on Beeb 4 of 'admissions blind process' where after admission those pinged as 'stinking rich capitalist pigs' :D pay more and 'humble working poverty stricken prols' :( pay nothing or very little.

The "fair agenda" make Tories almost seem acceptable, for a moment.
  2. I'm not entirely sure it's their idea though. LINK.

TBH the sector is long overdue a thinning out but I strongly suspect it'll be done purely from the perspective of making cuts and not of improving effectiveness.

My other concern is that, with their timeless fascination with the market, they'll put ability to enter a university back to being dependant on ability to pay. I doubt I'll ever be convinced that as small a nation as this can afford to ration education and training by such an inefficient means as money.
  3. I'm detecting in the 'ideology free Camo' some resistance to laissez faire monetarist market society... he's shown interest in Richard Thaler's nudge economics. Incremental change rather than 'class war'.

Clegg is a suitable Praetorian Guard against the Old Tory War Horses.