University Callenge - Im so Thick.....

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PandaLOVE, Feb 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This evening I watched the final of University Challenge and am amazed that young adults half my age know so much about so many diverse subjects. They even recognise music when hearing a bar or two!

Me on the other hand, I'm as thick as pig shit, managed to answer 3 questions correctly and maybe understood a dozen others. Admitedly I did not hear some of the questions due to me cleverly smirking about the three I got right!

Last year I read the life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel and by the time I read the last page I'd forgot the first half of the book and now I can't even remember where I put the book! Twice I read a very interesating book about Queen Victoria and still I remember very little. I read the History of Britain part 1-3 and? ..... not a thing!

Why when I read to learn something useful does my brain act as my mouth does, dribbling away when trying to form words after a visit to the dentist?

Information retention, how is it done? :x

2. ;

You in the Logistics by any chance?

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I missed it. Was the v bright girl as advertised, very bright?

4. Yes but...

Gail Trimble: smug cow, tidy bit of tackle or future Minister for Higher Education (a definite improvement on the current pig-thick incumbent)?

Edited for pigthickery.

5. To the point where she was quick firing correct answers with no need to check with her chums!

6. I wouldn't say she was smug at all. Just very clever while trying to seem modest on TV. Good looker too.

7. Look, the question is bloody simple, who won??? I had somebody knocking at the door wanting to know if I would help disabled black lesbians. I didn't see the last 3 minutes.

Oh alright then, it was just black lesbians

8. You're not the only one. It's a muscle, got to train and use it regularly or it turns to flab. And these days mine is the equivalent of Michelle McManus' arrse circa 2003, only with less natural talent.

Although on the bright side, if your memory were better think of all the peripheral ancillory sh!te that would clutter it up - plots of Eastenders, what your girlfriend asked you to do this morning &c....

9. Please tell me you wrote "University Callenge - I'm so Thick..... as a Thread Title just to get me to write this!

10. She didn't show too much of the smug mug tonight; I think she'd been coached in 'how to look modest after correct answering a complex and abstruse question in a fiftieth of the time taken by Whiskybreath to claim that he'd also answered correctly, but using different words'. There was some criticism in the red-tops, I believe (who probably thought that someone called 'Jade'; a genius and all-round good egg, would be more humble).

Me, I thought that she and the Manchester Captain (a smug bastard if there ever was one) should really get together after the programme and feel out their Latin declensions over some tagliatelle and a nice Chianti.

11. In that case my c0ck is clever and should have been up there tonight answering questions.

12. Er, I did that on purpose. Besides, I lost the H key on my keyboard. And just found it again.

P.S. It's spelled correct on my post.

13. I'd say not only are you as thick as a whale omlette, you're f ucking blind aswell, or have just finished a 20 stretch in solitairy and would f uck mud.

I'd consider suicide if I was you.

14. Says the man that would steal a stepladder to fcuk a platypus.

I'd do her and I have unbelievably high standards.

15. You wouldn't based on what? She's a few lbs heavier than the 18 year old Czech birds you beat off to each night and with much less make up? She has nice cheek bones, nice hair. If anyone wants to bring this thread to her attention so she can PM me and set up a clever/thick combo shag I wouldn't grumble.