Universirty Experiences or Views on University

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by safc1, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Id like to see ARRSER's views on Higher education and the students themselves.
  2. For entertainment reasons
  3. The randy female ones are brilliant.
  4. What do you think of them?
  5. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

A bunch of layabout beatnicks. They spend all day in bed or CND rallies. They spend all their grants on duffle coats and LSD.
    I hope this helps your research.
  6. u turn up and learn stuff, go home and the next day its still there so you go in and learn some more stuff. its sort of like that in a cycle until they reckon you've learnt enough stuff. people like me also had several jobs and a fairly normal social life so it was just part of life really.

i wasnt there for endless 'mad japes' and couldnt really afford travelling with my friends and saying it was amaaazing. i studied worked played partied a bit and spent many evenings in the pub same as i would if i had a full time job.

one thing is i still have a dream about twice a year that i am in my final year and havent much chance of passing my exams and my degree course isn't being offered any more so i wont get it. lovely when i wake up and realise i did get it.

walked thru a north london countryside campus last week and we did reminisce how nice it would be to be a student again. with some more money than at the time would be good too. learning something which interests you and not just for a job would be cool too. most of my study was just to get the degree. be fantastic to study parts of history or science which fascinate. you'd be doing one project and enjoying it but already looking forward to the next one and having ideas etc etc.

i dont mind work though. i make the best of my days if i can.
  7. More accurate.
  8. All in all, this is a pretty shit thread. I'd be fucking embarrassed to have started shite like it. I'm actually embarrassed for the baw bag who did.
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I tryed the University of Life but failed. I am now trying the School of Hard Knocks which is a bit of a battle.
  10. Childish Twats who think they are the bees knees and entitled to every job in a university's surrounding area. They behave like twelve yr olds who have access to lots of alcohol.
  11. a true observation. some of course do have skills and are quick-witted enough to be a good worker. are you bitter about particular work-related situation/s?
  12. 18 year olds, being childish? ooft
  13. I am still patiently waiting to hear if safc1 was pipped to the post of call centre assistant/bar worker by some bastard who happened to talk properly and would turn up for work on time/do over-time with out grumbling. or if he has a genuine grumble/tale to tell.
  14. TBH (not really) I'd like your views on spelling. Specifically, University. Of these two words you typed into the thread title, which one do you think is actually correct?

This is of course rhetorical. I really do not give a toss, much like my view on the thread topic, you long haired, stinking, workshy, tree hugging, vegetarian hedge baby.
    • Like Like x 1