Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

And now back to the topic of this thread ;)

Rashford deal.jpg

syrup

LE
I see that they are also extending the COVID uplift of an extra £20 per week
That's £1040 per year

Plus if Saint Marcus of Moss End gets his way another £15 a week to feed their kids = £780 per year

So essentially £1820 tax free addition to their current benefits per year simply for being at home

I'm not sure what they average squaddie in the UK is on at the minute but an £1820 after tax pay rise would be a decent pay rise for anyone.

I see that they are also extending the COVID uplift of an extra £20 per week
That's £1040 per year

Plus if Saint Marcus of Moss End gets his way another £15 a week to feed their kids = £780 per year

So essentially £1820 tax free addition to their current benefits per year simply for being at home

I'm not sure what they average squaddie in the UK is on at the minute but an £1820 after tax pay rise would be a decent pay rise for anyone.
Looks like a one-off £1000 payment on top of the £20/week they received past nine months , just UC claiments, not those on legacy disability benefits. Cheesy chips all round

Looks like a one-off £1000 payment on top of the £20/week they received past nine months , just UC claiments, not those on legacy disability benefits. Cheesy chips all round

'Cos he knows that they'll blow it all on massive tellies, booze, cigs and scratchcards; basically, the Treasury will get all of that money back via various taxes.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt

At least in America, *everyone* got the bribe.

UC's flaws include it being assessed on household income - so people are ineligible because of other's income... yet those others are not allowed to use their partner's tax-free allowance

ie a household on 2 x £12,500 is a lot better off than ( 1 x £25,000 + 1 x £0 ) - £4,000 better off, in fact, ignoring any UC effects

Last edited:

syrup

LE

It's to replace the £20 per week they'll get the £1000 lump sum instead of weekly payments
Clever lad as discussed they'll spend that in a week on crap

I've worked all the way through lockdown why doesn't he send me a grand and I promise to piss it up against the wall like some doley twat

As the BLM thread is persona non grata, feeding the children of the poor/low-incomed has a racial divide, but no one is rioting or bitching about it

Give it time.

Furthermore Latinx! Another new woke word I have learnt along with Folx!

Google is your friend and my scrabble score is going to improve massively now as I am not telling Mrs SB about all this.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Give it time.

Furthermore Latinx! Another new woke word I have learnt along with Folx!

Google is your friend and my scrabble score is going to improve massively now as I am not telling Mrs SB about all this.

Slight thread drift but it always confused me why Esperanto supposedly simplified language by having no irregular verbs etc but still maintained gender for nouns.

Slight thread drift but it always confused me why Esperanto supposedly simplified language by having no irregular verbs etc but still maintained gender for nouns.
Ĉar temas pri testikoj

Latest Threads