Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

Dredd

LE
The original issue he raised (correct me if I'm wrong) was that children who otherwise would get a free lunch at school weren't getting said lunch because the schools were closed due to COVID-19 restrictions; not per se, "children should always get free meals".

These totally different points have become conflated with the issue of what chavs spend their benefit money on.

Inaccurate. Rashford is one of those who also believes they should get these free hand-outs when not at school. In other words, for 52 weeks of the year. Using the same logic as "the family does not need to feed the kids when they are at school so why should they be forced to do it when they are at home, like during summer holidays for two months".

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Daz

LE
Inaccurate. Rashford is one of those who also believes they should get these free hand-outs when not at school. In other words, for 52 weeks of the year. Using the same logic as "the family does not need to feed the kids when they are at school so why should they be forced to do it when they are at home, like during summer holidays for two months".

Edited for spelling
How long before the calls for "extra" rations for a Christmas* dinner

*And any other religious event irrespective of the child "faith" as you can't have the little darlings missing out

*And any other religious event irrespective of the child "faith" as you can't have the little darlings missing out
Well they won't stop dishing out food during Ramadan I bet ;-)

TAFKA

Old-Salt

Does that mean they get a reduction in benefits for fasting during Ramadan and Lent?

ETA Beaten to the punch by exbluejob

Daz

LE
Well they won't stop dishing out food during Ramadan I bet ;-)
Evening feast of course..........I'm not convinced that a KFC lard bucket is, however, a traditional Ramadan evening meal, even if it can be "shared" by the fat bastards family

A state (taxpayer) funded meal, it is not free - Not in school, not entitled to a state (taxpayer) funded meal, it really is as simple as that - however, it's not stop the "worthy" campaigners campaigning for "free" school meals for school holidays, "free" breakfasts", or indeed campaigning for "Universal free school meals" for all, regardless of income.

As has been pointed out to you previously, Rashfords campaign is nothing more than a continuation of a long-running process by leftwing political activists & "charities" to buy votes & funding
Back in the days of putting shillings in the gas meter and paying your dinner money at the counter, some families didn’t have the ready cash to send their kids to school with for a hot meal, hence FSM. While the brats are at home, there was ‘Family Allowance’ (or similar) to provide.
Sure, my mum made me packed lunches, but when you’ve had your house remodelled by a doodlebug you become a different kind of person.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chavs bitching that Universal Credit doesn't pay them enough to pay for food doesn't have anything to do with children missing a meal because COVID-19 restrictions have stopped them getting the free meal they're entitled to. Although maybe @The Assassin gets its jollies watching children go hungry...
How does that work with the £20 uplift they got in Lockdown 1 when all schools were closed, do they need more money now that we're effectively in Lockdown 3? Is it a case that with every lockdown, they get another raise?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Daz

LE
Back in the days of putting shillings in the gas meter and paying your dinner money at the counter, some families didn’t have the ready cash to send their kids to school with for a hot meal, hence FSM. While the brats are at home, there was ‘Family Allowance’ (or similar) to provide.
Sure, my mum made me packed lunches, but when you’ve had your house remodelled by a doodlebug you become a different kind of person.
And that's the point, they have the full range on benefits, including child allowance, plus the extra £20 a week for UC claimants as a short term measure, however, this and the preceding campaigns are endeavouring to force HMG to extend benefits via the back door by paying an "out of school" food allowance on top of what the claimants already receive.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Daz

LE
Those are the kids of the wealthy and healthily paid obvs, the cash cows of the benefit chasing bludgers are obviously starving, because new tats, Sky, fags and decent alcohol don't come cheap, something has to give way!
Normally the sofa when the fat bastards flop down on it

Evening feast of course..........I'm not convinced that a KFC lard bucket is, however, a traditional Ramadan evening meal, even if it can be "shared" by the fat bastards family
Oddly enough, the devout Muslims of Toxteth do partake of takeaway fried chicken come nightfall. They only buy an individual portion/meal though

Oddly enough, the devout Muslims of Toxteth do partake of takeaway fried chicken come nightfall. They only buy an individual portion/meal though
In Dubai I have never seen so much food in the shops as during the run up to Ramadan, the aisles are used for the overflow. Certain items reduced price/free for locals. Admission to hospitals for overeating is staggering as well. Iftar is a good excuse for stuffing your face.

Another person complaining about their kids going hungry and completing lacking in self-awareness.

Another person complaining about their kids going hungry and completing lacking in self-awareness.

I see the comments are oozing with sympathy.

syrup

LE

They still get family allowance
£21.05 for first child and £13.95 for every kid after that.

That doesn't change they get it whether the kids are at school or not

Plus they got an extra £20 a week and £25 per week cold weather payments if the average temperature drops below 0 for 7 consecutive days

Latest Threads