Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
The £30 figure quoted is the cost of providing lunch for 1 pupil for 10 days (2 weeks) when they would be getting a school lunch. It's not to feed the child 3 meals a day for a week. It also includes preparation and delivery costs. So for £3 a day you're not feeding a family but providing lunch for 1 child where the parents are expected to provide the other two meals.

As for all the fuss on social media, I saw reported today that the date on the bread was 2 months ago leading me to believe that the picture was not actually of the food parcel. The social media user that shared it is apparently a known anti-government activist with a Twitter following of 14,000.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good story on social media and a chance to bash the government.

My wife is a teacher at a small rural school in Cumbria and she and the other staff have been to Tesco to stock the boxes and tailored it to the individual pupil and family with food that the kid will eat and the family will cook.

My wife is a teacher at a small rural school in Cumbria and she and the other staff have been to Tesco to stock the boxes and tailored it to the individual pupil and family with food that the kid will eat and the family will cook.
Lots of chips, pasta and pizza then based on what I see at work.

West Huddersfield. Typical demographic.

I commuted over from Leeds daily for a year to do the CPE at the uni, and was never motivated to move there. The uni was academically alright, but it was all touchy feely, PC, don't mention anything mildly controversial though.

The original Tog24 and Craghoppers factory shops were usefully cheap though.

Mbongwe

On ROPS
On ROPs
This is where it takes understanding of the machinations of government (which most of the BBC brigade, MailOnline and FB outrage bus don't possess) to comprehend that this short-changing of food packages isn't HM Government's fault, it's the fault of a massive private outsourcing business that signed up to Marcus Rashford's charitable cause.

That's exactly what my mucker said; he also said that Marcus Rashford's charity clearly failed to do any due diligence upon the provider of the food boxes.

There wouldn't be anyone on Mr Rashford's charity who was being 'bunged' to look the other way?. Just sayin' like.

Mbongwe

On ROPS
On ROPs
That's exactly what my mucker said; he also said that Marcus Rashford's charity clearly failed to do any due diligence upon the provider of the food boxes.
In fairness to the Rt Hon Mr Rashford, how was he to know the UK's second-largest (last time I crossed their bows) corporate caterer wouldn't spring for a few more tins of tuna / packs of tomatoes?

In fairness to the Rt Hon Mr Rashford, how was he to know the UK's second-largest (last time I crossed their bows) corporate caterer wouldn't spring for a few more tins of tuna / packs of tomatoes?

Hence the due diligence; those who represent him either didn't do their job properly or were persuaded to look the other way. He's not bright enough to understand that lending your name to a cause means that you need to be sure of who you are also signing up to it.

syrup

LE
The £30 figure quoted is the cost of providing lunch for 1 pupil for 10 days (2 weeks) when they would be getting a school lunch. It's not to feed the child 3 meals a day for a week. It also includes preparation and delivery costs. So for £3 a day you're not feeding a family but providing lunch for 1 child where the parents are expected to provide the other two meals.

As for all the fuss on social media, I saw reported today that the date on the bread was 2 months ago leading me to believe that the picture was not actually of the food parcel. The social media user that shared it is apparently a known anti-government activist with a Twitter following of 14,000.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good story on social media and a chance to bash the government.

Interesting that all the parents who claim they're unable to feed their kids have access to camera phones and social media.
One mum on our local news was very vocal that she simply wanted the £15 paid direct to her and not food parcels.

When they did this last time round we saw that the local fast food outlets who took part claiming they were dishing loads of meals out yet the food banks and schools were claiming very few uptakes on their packed lunches.

Take the report below.

YOUNGSTERS across York and beyond are getting free meals this half term from city eateries determined that no child should go to bed hungry.

Dozens of needy families have already taken up the offer at fish and chippies, restaurants and takeaways as part of footballer Marcus Rashford MBE’s campaign.

Helen Thompson, of Thompsons Fish and Chips on the A64 north of York, said: “We are witnessing at first hand that this is needed, this is real and it is a very worthwhile cause.”

They served 30 free child meals at lunchtime today alone.

To prevent parents feeling embarrassed if they ask for a free meal, they are selling child meals for free this week for all customers.

h
ttps://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/18821214.scores-york-children-get-free-half-term-meals/

Yet if you Google where the fish and chip shop mentioned is you'll see its on the A64 in the middle of nowhere only accessible by car, taxi or bus

So Parents cant feed heir children yet they can get to a remote location to claim free food.
Capture.PNG

Listening to a lady on LBC the other night talking about how woefully inadequate the boxes were, having seen some of the pictures of them I was inclined to agree with her. Until she started going on about how the vouchers were better as she could go to M&S or Waitrose to get steak and cherries with them......

Apparently this is one of the Mum's complaining that their kids can't get enough food and as such they are compelled to rely on foodbanks and free school meals.....

ErkLVp6XIAAy546.jpg

Latest Threads