Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

Gen question: On local facebook groups my places have taken advantage of this by virtue-signalling how they will provide free meals etc. An excellent opportunity for the usual suspects to post "how do I donate to this" etc. Is this as altruistic as it sounds or is it actually beneficial to the businesses for tax reasons?

A good way of writing off unsold short-lifed stock.

Gen question: On local facebook groups my places have taken advantage of this by virtue-signalling how they will provide free meals etc. An excellent opportunity for the usual suspects to post "how do I donate to this" etc. Is this as altruistic as it sounds or is it actually beneficial to the businesses for tax reasons?
Like most things on Facebook I suspect it because everyone can see how ******* great they are.

a mate posted this on their Facebook page just common-sense really

flow.jpg

Why are people (Labour voters and those of unemployable demeanour) complaining about the Tories? The Chancellor, to stave off sudden unemployment, gave companies 80% of staff wages to keep them employed, and raised Universal Credit by £20/week to existing and incoming recipients (due to the fact that some companies couldn't keep full employment/staff levels), plus an advance that didn't have to be repaid. That is quite a generous package. If Labour were in charge, what exactly would they have done? Am glad am a Tory voter (even though they will never be elected in my constituency), but a lot of people need to get it through their thick skulls that no-one will give them a better deal than has been handed to them.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Why are people (Labour voters and those of unemployable demeanour) complaining about the Tories? The Chancellor, to stave off sudden unemployment, gave companies 80% of staff wages to keep them employed, and raised Universal Credit by £20/week to existing and incoming recipients (due to the fact that some companies couldn't keep full employment/staff levels), plus an advance that didn't have to be repaid. That is quite a generous package. If Labour were in charge, what exactly would they have done? Am glad am a Tory voter (even though they will never be elected in my constituency), but a lot of people need to get it through their thick skulls that no-one will give them a better deal than has been handed to them.
Corbyn would have handed that lot out without pandemic happening. He pretty much said he was 'right' (i.e. that he would have done so) when emergency measures were announced.

He would have ruined us, make no mistake.

She doesn't come across as some feckless chav type. As the article says, she used to be a research scientist, and holds a degree. That will not be a BA in Posh & Becks studies. Maybe she was made redundant, who knows? Why did she move to the country? I don't know where she was before, but maybe one look at the local schools on offer made her decide she didn't want her kids to attend a school where they are the minority.

Nobody gets their grid on the telly unless it meets an agenda.

In this instance, the media look to present a particular demographic to help dispel the mongchav image and widen the sympathy vote.

Same goes for the conduct of the interview, ask the right questions, avoid the awkward ones which fail to reinforce the narrative.

It's ok though, the public are too stupid to see through the propaganda.

Because Boris. Grrrrrr....

Truxx

LE
Gen question: On local facebook groups many places have taken advantage of this by virtue-signalling how they will provide free meals etc. An excellent opportunity for the usual suspects to post "how do I donate to this" etc. Is this as altruistic as it sounds or is it actually beneficial to the businesses for tax reasons?
Plenty of that in these parts.

Which is a bit odd seeing as how the council/schools are already providing lunch meals.

There is a charitable element to tax calculations, and it is decent enough publicity, but other than that I am unsure of any business advantage.

Apart from the fact that foreigners can be awarded MBEs Rashford was born in Manchester.

They can, but they are honorary awards presented by the Foreign Secretary. After years of not bothering to obtain British Citizenship, Zoe Wanamaker decided that she didn't want to receive her CBE from Jack Straw and so got herself naturalised.

Actually, they do. It's why two thirds of people want the licence fee binned.

MSM are doing themselves out of existence and they can't see it.

As an aside, I think that Victoria Derbyshire hit the career abort button the other day, when she said that she would ignore the rule of six at Christmas and was then forced to publicly recant.

As an aside, I think that Victoria Derbyshire hit the career abort button the other day, when she said that she would ignore the rule of six at Christmas and was then forced to publicly recant.
I can't help thinking the BBC put her on her plinth as she was, at the time, suffering from cancer. Ticked more than a few boxes and was a short-term gamble on aesthetics over capability. She went and buggered things up though... by surviving.

I could be totally wrong on that of course.

I can't help thinking the BBC put her on her plinth as she was, at the time, suffering from cancer. Ticked more than a few boxes and was a short-term gamble on aesthetics over capability. She went and buggered things up though... by surviving.

I could be totally wrong on that of course.

I don't particularly care for her but she seems to be less and less concerned about towing the party line.