Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

and as I posted this morning, starved as a child under a labour government from birth to age 13.

thereafter he starved under a coalition government unless he were at a footy academy at which point you would want to look very closely at the definition of "starved"

He was at the Man U Academy from the age of 7. Yeah, I suspect nutrition was considered quite an important part of creating future sportsmen.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
"Children living in poverty now face the dual burden of both underweight and obesity"

"Recent studies have found that children living in poorer areas are exposed to up to five times more fast food takeaways and concentrations of these outlets are greatest in deprived areas"

Ahhh all is clear: Food Poverty is the direct result of living in Obesogenic Environments stuffed with takeaways
There is something in this. I wrote an article a few years back about a study that was done about the 'health' of the high street.

Retail is in trouble even in the most affluent areas. Take a journey through many towns, especially those with small strips of shops on the arterials and, if you think about it, you'll see the same things over and over. There'll be charity shops, lots of betting shops, fast chicken KFC lookie-likies, kebab shops, tanning salons and so on.

You won't see anything of quality, in pretty much any sense of the word.

The problem in such locations is compounded by the fact that many of the people who live around such parades, particularly in cities, are migrants (whether first or recent-generation). They are the economically disadvantaged. In many cases, they don't have access to personal transport (bicycles and mopeds/motorbikes, possibly, but fewer cars). That means that in many cases their opportunities to travel are limited to public transport. That limits what you can carry, and so your shopping possibilities.

In other words, they're limited to what's on the doorstep, pretty much, and given the low revenue-generating potential of such parades of shops, that's going to be pretty low-grade.

Truxx

LE
As I've noted several times, his Wikipedia page is very sketchy about his early years and a Google doesn't throw up much either.
One does not want to do the man down, his cause is a good one. But lots has been taken as read with little or no scrutiny.

But isn't that typical when there is a bandwagon to be jumped upon?

The problem in such locations is compounded by the fact that many of the people who live around such parades, particularly in cities, are migrants (whether first or recent-generation). They are the economically disadvantaged. In many cases, they don't have access to personal transport (bicycles and mopeds/motorbikes, possibly, but fewer cars). That means that in many cases their opportunities to travel are limited to public transport. That limits what you can carry, and so your shopping possibilities.

if the buggers can walk with all their possessions from Kabul to Calais, hauling a few shopping bags a couple of miles From ASDA shouldn’t be too strenuous.

One does not want to do the man down, his cause is a good one. But lots has been taken as read with little or no scrutiny.

As long as he is capable of taking criticism as well as dishing it out, then good luck to him.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Like much which has occupied the headlines this summer, the ostensible cause is a good one.

Black lives matter (lower-case 'l' and 'm')? Of course they do - as much as any other. Hard-line Marxism is a different matter, however.

Feeding starving kids? Yep, great. But as has been noted up-thread, the parents of those kids are already provided for by the state, so where's the bloody money going? If it's going on fripperies, that's not the Evil Tories' (sic) fault. It's the parents'.

Truxx

LE
We had little as kids. I remember regularly being hungry. But the is not the same as starving or being malnourished.

Takeaways? Occasionally (perhaps once in a month or when my dad had been paid in cash) we might have fish and chips, but the first chinese takeaway I experienced was not until I went to Sandhurst and my first slice of pizza not until my first posting.

I remember my folks going through a bad time financially when the only money in the house were the new decimal coins in a little folding plastic wallet which my gran had sent to my brother and I on "decimalisation". Enough, as I recall, for some sausages which we had with chips done in dripping.

And lots of work washing up!! You're having a laugh mate, Just Eat gives me stuff I can just chuck in the bin when I've scoffed. BURP!!

That's the height of laziness, seeing 20 immigrant taxi drivers waiting outside McDonalds. The lazy scrotes who have ordered are that lazy they can't even go to a drive through at a fast food place, they have to get someone to deliver it aswell. Herein lies the problem = idleness.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
That's the height of laziness, seeing 20 immigrant taxi drivers waiting outside McDonalds. The lazy scrotes who have ordered are that lazy they can't even go to a drive through at a fast food place, they have to get someone to deliver it aswell. Herein lies the problem = idleness.

I'm sure I read an article a while back that people were taking taxis just to use the drive throughs after the pubs let out and the 'restaurant' is closed. The drive throughs could not serve pedestrians. Charge a punter a few quid to drive them a few yards to pick up a burger.

Latest Threads