Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

I have a niece, she as never had a job,
she has four kids, by different fathers, she has a 3 bedroom council house'
pays next to no rent, pays no council tax, three TVs, one is a big bugger, it's free,
then, kids fitted out with cloths, free school meals, she claims extra money
because the kids are supposed to have this that and the other,
she smokes, drinks is out most nights, she will tell you she never cooks a meal for the kids,
she should have had her pussy welded shut years ago,
She doesn't give a fcuk for them poor kids.

I also know a widow, her and her husband worked hard, he got killed in an RTA,
his life insurance cleared the mortgage, she has the house and not much money,
she can gets next to FA because she owns the house, that means she as assets of more than
£16000, she works full time, her kids are well-fed and looked after,

Now tell me which one out of these considers themselves hard done by,
It doesn't matter how much money you gave my niece she would still be hard done by,
it's time a few arses were kicked

For the perverts in here, the widow has prospered, and she is a fair looker
Life’s a bitch. Plenty on here will tell you how ******* great they was after leaving the army. Lots more didn’t do so well. Why else would we need an RBL?

anglo

LE
Life’s a bitch. Plenty on here will tell you how ******* great they was after leaving the army. Lots more didn’t do so well. Why else would we need an RBL?
The point I was trying to make is, nobody is staving in the UK,
From what I see, most of the people using RBL, are sick, war injures or mental problems'
most of the children who are going without is because they have parents that don't care
about their youngsters

The point I was trying to make is, nobody is staving in the UK,
From what I see, most of the people using RBL, are sick, war injures or mental problems'
most of the children who are going without is because they have parents that don't care
about their youngsters
I know. My point was one of frustration. Just try and take care of each other.

Food banks are not required in the UK ....unless you think the latest iphone , all channels on Sky ,a 72" tv , a car , plenty of fags, skunk , booze and a holiday in Benidorm are more important than feeding your family , the stupid cnuts buy processed food and claim they cant afford quality food , BS , fresh food is cheaper than processed....you just have to prepare it ...the thick cnunts should be left to starve.
Obviously you don’t understand - scratch cards cost money, and if we don’t buy them with our ‘wages’, how can we win a fortune and escape poverty?

The law says that any workplace has to provide facilities for heating up food, so surely it cannot be legal for even the most basic of residential properties should have basics?

Food preparation and cooking skills are an issue. I suspect this is not unrelated to the more general problem of people not having the skills or instinct to do things for themselves.

I think a great deal of good could be achieved by offering free training in cookery and other domestic skills to anyone who thinks that they need them, and also other things such as using basic tools and doing basic repairs.

Just Eat - The chavscum ‘cooking‘ program

Food banks are not required in the UK ....unless you think the latest iphone , all channels on Sky ,a 72" tv , a car , plenty of fags, skunk , booze and a holiday in Benidorm are more important than feeding your family , the stupid cnuts buy processed food and claim they cant afford quality food , BS , fresh food is cheaper than processed....you just have to prepare it ...the thick cnunts should be left to starve .

Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really think ;-)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Edited for brevity.

I think we're pretty much in agreement but I'm a tad pessimistic about most of the parents I've come across in my brief time in a primary school.

Your description of getting your lad into practical cooking reminded me of a conversation I had with one of the mums at school, she was, I'd guess late twenties early thirties and most pleased as the night before she'd knocked out a spag bol from scratch. Since it's a meal I do when feeling idle I was a bit nonplussed as to why this was such a big deal.

She described browning the mince, onions and adding tomatoes, then said:

I didn't use Dolmio or anything'.

And the penny dropped, she'd never cooked anything other than heating up pre-prepared or tinned meals. This was her first foray into actually cooking with fresh ingredients. It was a bit of an eye opener but sadly quite common.

A huge number of people simply don't cook. An estate agent commented on this and was asked by the interviewer to justify his claim. He said that many new builds come with fully equipped kitchens, they've sold these after a few years and not only are the hobs immaculate but the ovens still have the instruction booklets and grill pans still in their wrappers, as fresh as the day they left the factory. A friend of mine in her forties has been in her flat for a year or so and her oven fits that description.
Proper cooking is now a middle-class sport. The thrift and making things stretch of the old working class is long past.

Mum’s gone to Iceland.

Truxx

LE
Whilst this is a most interesting discussion it is a measure of just how conditioned we are as a society to influence. Some is benign, some is not.

There is a lot of chit chat right now about "free" school meals.

Why on earth should that be? Half term coming up, christmas holidays, but it is not exactly the topic of the moment is it?

Or is it?

The answer lies in the effort of the "infuencers", in this case, the left wing ones.

This actually started when one senior member of parliament calls another "scum"

In a normal, sane world, appropriate discussion would have focused on that exchange.

Instead, it was revealed after some digging by those who prefer to play the man and not the ball that the Honourable member insulted had, in fact, voted against the notion of extending "free" school meals into holiday times.

The hounds were unleashed and here we are. All of a sudden social media battle lines are drawn and calling someone "scum" completely forgotten.

Clever stuff eh?

The RBL seems to be increasingly looking for work.

Its less about helping those who lost limbs in conflicts and more about looking after people like Kroneit who say they cant cope without someone wiping their arse.

Last edited:
There is this new invention out called bread...... It really boils me with all this supposed poverty lark.

Flour 39p
Yeast 80p
Salt 80p

bread.jpg

If I can do it anyone can.....

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Just to get this off my chest (posted in another semi-relevant thread admittedly)>

Regardless of the location if you have 2 kids you are entitled to exactly £35 per week child benefit which equates to £1820 per year.

There are on average 180 school days per year.

That means if all you did was use that money for feeding your 2 kids at school lunchtimes you have circa £10 a day.

I wish me being a tax payer the Gov't would give me that to feed my 2 dogs a day. But hang on, it was my choice to have 2 dogs so I need to finance for them accordingly.

Yes I am simplifying the matter (what about clothes, heating etc, etc) but I am still waiting to see all these hollow cheeked, emaciated kids wandering our streets but all I see are fat kids and if you Google it up a massive and continuous upward rise in childhood obesity across the spectrum.

Yes, I am a whinging old git but I have few f**ks to give when it comes to this topic.

I blame the parents and the trend of 'handouts' for those who don't really need it against the genuine cases.

Just a random thought but I'm assuming that these 'free school meals' are prepared and served at school. Which means that the kids have to go to the school at lunchtime in order to consume the comestibles. They would be there for what, roughly 30 mins. Got to get there and get home. A lot of kids take buses (either normal or provided school buses), taxis or are driven. Seems to me to be a bigger effort to transport a child to school and back for a 'free meal' than to do something yourself.

Aldi

Baked Beans (x4) - 96p
Loaf - 36p x 2 = 72p
Marge - 69p
4 pack of biscuits - 99p

Thats a weeks worth of dinners (lunches in Southern) for 3 kids for £3.36.

If they need clothes then go to Primark or use hand-me-downs. I always wore all my cousins old clothes, shoes/football boots, nothing wrong with that.

If they need clothes then go to Primark or use hand-me-downs. I always wore all my cousins old clothes, shoes/football boots, nothing wrong with that.
OMG! Nowadays that would be considered as being a family in poverty. I was born in 1957 and 2 brothers after me. I got the new clothes and they were handed down to the next brother, then to the youngest. It was necessity because my parents couldn't afford all new clothes all the time for 3 boys and there was (usually) a lot of wear left. I suppose we could have had free school meals but my mother would rather have died, we walked home for lunch.

Latest Threads