Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No, the logical thing to do is not have them. Seems more obvious to me.

But if you want to feed the ones there now, you do it as part of the effort to prevent more being added the continual conveyor belt. To stop those being fed now simply churn out more needing fed later.

And you should need to give evidence of why your child/ren need fed because you have now abrogated your responsibility for doing so. That will then be used at your next renewal so a greater focus is spent on helping you by for example attending courses on personal life management. Fail to attend and the kids may be removed as you are patently incapable of looking after a cat, let alone a child. And we have now clearly identified where your priorities are - and it isn't the kids.

Food is one one of the primary fundamentals in Maslow's hierarchy of need. It is an essential basic for sustaining life itself. If you cannot do it - or by extension your dependants (and the clue is in the word) - then you really are at the lowest possible stage and should NOT have a car, or a phone, or a TV, or a game console, or a season ticket to a football ground (yes, I know, but many still do have them even if they cannot go), or a satellite TV / steaming service subscription, or . . .

You are right - this is so basic it is astonishing that there are people who cannot even manage that. And if you are essentially capable of that, but don't or won't, then why are we validating their assertion that they have this right to it?

They have absolutely enough to meet the lowest of the hierarchy. That they choose not to is not the fault of the State. As we keep saying. So they need to make the sacrifice - and keep making it - until they improve their situation.

Or, as you suggest, they just take the easy route, give up and let the State feed their children but then wail loudly if there are reasonable conditions suggested as a quid-pro-quo.
We adopted a cat last year. Someone came round to the house first to see if it was a fit environment/we were fit carers.

Cats have more protection than kids.

Someone square that away for me.

Indeed. I'd suggest that the cynical exploitation is coming from only one direction, though.

Agreed

The Tories are very, very bad at articulating common sense. They should know by now that Labour will twist anything, given the opportunity.

I'm not so sure that they are.

They are like monkey's - Trained to do things in a certain way and that includes elocution lessons / how to speak in public.

What I would like to see happen, is the elocution sh!te kicked into touch. The public speaking lessons thrown in the bin and get back to the KISS it principle.

I don't want to hear Politicians speaking words that are open to interpretation. I want Politicians who can speak in a clear, unambiguous and concise manner.

Something along the lines of

'' There will be no universal free school meals because the cost of providing Vegan / kosher / halal / pastafarion / insert others, at every school is impractical as well as eye wateringly expensive and is not affordable ''

Clear, concise and leaves nothing that could be twisted by any other Politician without making themselves look like a complete ARRSE.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Agreed

I'm not so sure that they are.

They are like monkey's - Trained to do things in a certain way and that includes elocution lessons / how to speak in public.

What I would like to see happen, is the elocution sh!te kicked into touch. The public speaking lessons thrown in the bin and get back to the KISS it principle.

I don't want to hear Politicians speaking words that are open to interpretation. I want Politicians who can speak in a clear, unambiguous and concise manner.

Something along the lines of

'' There will be no universal free school meals because the cost of providing Vegan / kosher / halal / pastafarion / insert others, at every school is impractical as well as eye wateringly expensive and is not affordable ''

Clear, concise and leaves nothing that could be twisted by any other Politician without making themselves look like a complete ARRSE.
I agree but we have MSM who won't hear. Kuenssberg during the daily pandemic briefings is an example. Asks a question, doesn't hear the answer, asks the same question again. Rinse, wash, repeat.

The initial statements need VERY robust follow-ups... the polite but clear versions of 'F*ck off and stop twisting what I just said.'

Preferably in a sentence, not a statement, so it can't be selectively edited.

cue BBC interviewing mothers of ‘hungry’ vegan, kosher, halal, pastafarian children 24/7

I agree but we have MSM who won't hear.

That is an issue for the MSM.

They would hear the message loud and clear if it was done at a weekly press conference, with TV crews, outside No 10.

Again KISS it. Everyone gets the news / details at the same time - So very difficult to spin it to suit an agenda.

Dredd

LE

But, but, but . . .

What about the vegans? Or the gluten intolerant? Or the lactose intolerant? Is the meat halal or kohser? Or . . .

I noticed one of the others posted earlier (no doubt praising the evil Tories for having the opportunity to signal strongly) has already said they did not have the ability to meet different catering 'needs'.

It would be hilarious if the focus of the ire suddenly swapped from the evil Government to the heartless and uncaring private company that was so soul-less it would not make that tiny wee adjustment specifically for their kids, so they ended up starving anyway.

Be careful what you wish for . . .

1603801003068.png

Dredd

LE
Yes, otherwise we'd be doing the mass removal of children from dysfunctional families.

It's only ever done in the most extreme of cases.

It's a hard world and the least their parent(s) can do is feed the hungry kids.

Fixed that for you. Just one word, but a world of difference.

But, but, but . . .

What about the vegans? Or the gluten intolerant? Or the lactose intolerant? Is the meat halal or kohser? Or . . .

It would be hilarious if the focus of the ire suddenly swapped from the evil Government to the heartless and uncaring private company that was so soul-less it would not make that tiny wee adjustment specifically for their kids, so they ended up starving anyway.

We just have to look at the backlash against JK Rowling, Adele and Graham Lenihan to show this latest move is all about power
ETA Excuse the pun but the Left does and will continue to eat itself.

Last edited:
BTW, if you are hungry, no need for halal food, you can tuck into a say a bacon butty.

Allans book grants you a dispensation if you are hungry, all you need to do is invoke Allans name before munching on the infidel goodness.

Inshallah! This is damn fine bacon!

Yes, otherwise we'd be doing the mass removal of children from dysfunctional families.

It's only ever done in the most extreme of cases.

It's a hard world and the least society can do is feed the hungry kids.

No 1, alot of families love their kids even chavs, they will feed them if there is a fear of losing them, at the moment they dont need to bother because apparently its the Governments responsibility to feed them.

No 2, Children who arent getting fed due to their parents being shit cnuts should be removed regardless of the numbers, not thrown a bit of scran and told to continue to dress in rags, play in the street, freeze without heating and grow up to be shittcunt parents themselves. Which is your solution.

I cant think of any examples more extreme (other than physical/sexual abuse) than not feeding your child.

Cnuts who bring up kids under those conditions need sterilizing and disfiguring, so they can't have any more.
They need eviscerated and their head on a pole in the town centre.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
An analogy.

Here you go son, here's your pocket money and I've added a bit extra because your paper round isn't paying so well lately.

Can I have some money for after school club?

Er, don't you normally pay for that out of your normal pocket money and I gave you extra this week and we did that fund raiser last week for the school.

Yes but they don't want to spend it on after school clubs, can I have the money?

No son, the money I already gave you usually pays for that and you got extra, so did the school.

Yes but it wasn't specifically after school club money, you're a bad parent.

Truxx

LE
This is a gift for Labour. Far better than BLM which we knew had some extreme aims (defunding the police and the destruction of capitalism).

The Tories have shot themselves in the foot and will look weak when they u-turn.

Rashford's just got himself some top US PR company to look after him; they'll be dealing with his philanthropic stuff too.

Gov's going to be feeding hungry kids.
A gift for labour? Not this one. It simply does not stand scrutiny. This particular storm in a teacup will be well and truly in the "boring now" category long before anyone starts to think about how they will cast their votes next time around.

If I were still fcuking around with this sort of thing and wanted it well and truly spiked I would be proposing a "feed the hungry kids" programme led by Dominic Cummings.

Exploding heads all round.

But, but, but . . .

I noticed one of the others posted earlier (no doubt praising the evil Tories for having the opportunity to signal strongly) has already said they did not have the ability to meet different catering 'needs'.

Baked Beans are vegan, kosher, halal, gluten free and dairy free. So they can eat what's on offer, or have the fits all sizes alternative. Easy.

Latest Threads