Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

It is in the sense that you are treating the symptom not the disease.

Money would be better spent ensuring that those parents who can't feed their children are given the help to enable them to do so, and ensuring that parents who won't feed their children are punished accordingly until they take responsibility for their crotch goblins.

I've no problem helping those in need, but it must be done carefully, or the tax payer will end up feeding these kids for ever, as no government would risk stopping it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I doubt any amount of money would transform neglectful parents into caring ones; it's almost impossible to help those who won't help themselves.

And you say you've 'no problem helping those in need'. It's the kids who're at need.

They're not borrowed votes. They were votes given freely by people voting against a Leftist elite.
BoJo disagrees with you which is why he used the term 'lent'.

1b.jpg

I'm sure no one does. But as mentioned in several posts above, when the authorities decide the child is "better off" with the parent/s what happens then?

The authorities need a kick in the ****

I doubt any amount of money would transform neglectful parents into caring ones; it's almost impossible to help those who won't help themselves.

And you say you've 'no problem helping those in need'. It's the kids who're at need.

So take the kids away from them rather than giving parents more money

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
so no proof required you even have any kids?
just order ‘x’ number of packed lunches for colkection the following day.
Looks ripe for ripping off by adults looking for a free lunch, or 6

Do they not deliver?

I'm sure no one does. But as mentioned in several posts above, when the authorities decide the child is "better off" with the parent/s what happens then?

I'm pretty sure history shows that children are better off with neglectful parents.

The mass removal of children from shit parents has never worked out well, even when the intentions behind it were honourable.

My reply on another forum, to a poster who informed me that, I didn't know what it was like to go hungry... Baby Boomer,etc,etc.

OXO Sandwich for a 7 year old (1954)

2 slices of 2 day old white bread.

Spread chip fat (Lard) from the chip pan, on both pieces of bread.

Sprinkle a quarter of the OXO cube on one of the slices,put the other slice on top...Summer school holiday lunch.

For Winter, fry both slices of bread, sprinkle the OXO on the last slice to fry (so the OXO melts), other slice on top...Winter school holiday lunch.

Variation on a theme: instead of OXO...Lettuce and, tomato Sauce in the Summer. Batter bits from the chip shop around the corner (halfpenny for a medium bag) and tomato sauce during the Winter !

Lots of my mates had different variations.

I didn't bother to mention using the outside toilet at night,taking the oil lamp and, an oversize rolling pin, to convince the rats that they had better piss off for the next 10 minutes.

eeeee, I remember when all this was fields.

I'm pretty sure history shows that children are better off with neglectful parents.

The mass removal of children from shit parents has never worked out well, even when the intentions behind it were honourable.

When has history shown that?

In an attempt to recompense, a serious point from me which I hope a serving or ex serving teacher on here can comment on.

I distinctly recall some years back that an initiative was mooted to invite OAPs to their local primary school to sit and each lunch with the kids.

This was as an attempt to:

1. Support the financial aspects of keeping school kitchens running.
2. Teach kids to eat with older folk 'at the table'.
3. A positive thing for lonely, elderly OAPs to look forward to.
4. Other benefits may exist too.

I know I may be naive here but it seemed a good idea with possible increase into Secondary schools to assuage the current problems (albeit C19 knackers the idea now, but perhaps when things die down (no pun intended)).

I searched around to see how far off the ground this got but to no avail.

Is it simply too difficult/expensive or do I need to rush off and fill in a GEMS form?
Typically, staff get a free lunch if they sit and eat with the kids. Assuming that you’ve cleared the carnage from the previous 3, and set up for the next 2 Lessons, have no lunchtime detentions or clubs on, and can get to the dining hall and back in your 30mins. (And you don’t walk into a gang fight/emotional breakdown on the way). Some schools engage with U3A (University of the third age), mine had them coming in for a woodcarving club, which the kids found fascinating to watch and listen to (Kids like grandparents because they have a common enemy...). These are local initiatives and I’ve never seen a National strategy.

Would the mass removal of children from neglectful parents help? If so, I'd support it, but I suspect it's a highly contentious subject that would do more harm than help.

I think the Aussies tried this with Aborigines back in the 1950s and it didn't turn out well at all..

Wow something that happened 70 years ago in another country didnt turn out well?

Ok lets keep throwing money at neglectful parents and lets keep children trapped in shitcunt families

crow_bag

War Hero

Yes and we need to identify why they are in need and fix that.

Free meals stops them going hungry, but they will still be in need unless we look at the underlying issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The Australians did it with Aborigine kids in the 50s and 60s.

I'm pretty sure it didn't turn out well.

Like I said, Wow something that happened 70 years ago in another country didnt turn out well

Like I said, Wow something that happened 70 years ago in another country didnt turn out well

It's obvious it won't turn out well. Foster kids have a long history of being sexually abused.

But if you can show an instance of mass child-removal - for good reasons - has turned out well, I'm happy to be informed.

endure

GCM
methode_times_prod_web_bin_6b4b5528-17ae-11eb-a714-6e13d8ca860f.jpg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
BoJo disagrees with you which is why he used the term 'lent'.

View attachment 515495

I know what you were referring to. Politically, he had to say that. Were he have stood there and acted as though the people were right to have voted as they did, he would have looked arrogant and would have lost favour.

People didn't vote necessarily with the Tories, they voted against Labour.

He can disagree with me. He's not always right.

And what of the rest of my post?

He might just chance turning up, like the fat cnuts with an Iphone on their ear and a fag in their mouth.
Or my SIL, claiming benefits as an unemployed single mother. While her husband was working in Abu Dhabi as a partner in a major bank.