Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

Teachers have been whining for months about kids being taught right wing thoughts by their parents during lock down...

They'd love a chance to ensure the kids were taught properly.
In case you missed it the first time:
...to listen to the same old böllocks from the 30th percentile...

Not read all this thread -

Rishi had spaffed billions in furlough and job support schemes which is acknowledge as going directly to fraudulent application i.e. a significant amount of tax payers' money have been defrauded due mainly to Government panic and ineptitude - last figure quoted was 5 Billion

Free school meals during school holidays is small fry

Archie
Employers aren't hiring paid staff, they are hiring whoever the government will pay, so existing staff are on fewer hours. Was in a Taco Bell, and was served a beer by a 17 year old being paid through the government scheme. Employers are taking the piss as much as fraudsters.

Not read all this thread -

Rishi had spaffed billions in furlough and job support schemes which is acknowledge as going directly to fraudulent application i.e. a significant amount of tax payers' money have been defrauded due mainly to Government panic and ineptitude - last figure quoted was 5 Billion

Free school meals during school holidays is small fry

Archie
Government may have wasted some money so Government should waste more?

Government may have wasted some money so Government should waste more?

Yes they have made many monumental cock ups with the Covid response`s that will come back to bite them on the bum, what's the betting that the Government is heading for a u turn of free school meals during school holidays

Archie

We could introduce a 'high school equivalency qualification'.

Anyone without a HSEQ would be unable to access benefits as 'unemployable'.

HSEQ could entail E in English, Maths, and three other subjects. competence in computers/IT. PE. Home Economics. A good discipline record for 3 years out of 5 and 80% attendance.

Chuck in some community service too.
This is already in place:

Below 90% attendance is a ‘persistent absentee’ At 80% parents will be having interviews without coffee.
But don’t forget that 50% of the population are below average intelligence, but believe they will win the lottery/Britain’s got talent/be a footballer/model/games tester etc etc...
In the old days we had mills, pits and chimneys to store them in until a Darwinian Industrial Accident caught up with them. Nowadays we have to do the best we can with limited resources and manpower. Sure, most believe in a system that supports social equality and egalitarianism, but that doesn’t make them Ken Livingstone wannabes...

Yes they have made many monumental cock ups with the Covid response`s that will come back to bite them on the bum, what's the betting that the Government is heading for a u turn of free school meals during school holidays

Archie

They probably will but only because bellends believe that money just grows on trees, the same type of people who whinge like **** if their taxes are raised.

This is already in place:

Below 90% attendance is a ‘persistent absentee’ At 80% parents will be having interviews without coffee.
But don’t forget that 50% of the population are below average intelligence, but believe they will win the lottery/Britain’s got talent/be a footballer/model/games tester etc etc...
In the old days we had mills, pits and chimneys to store them in until a Darwinian Industrial Accident caught up with them. Nowadays we have to do the best we can with limited resources and manpower. Sure, most believe in a system that supports social equality and egalitarianism, but that doesn’t make them Ken Livingstone wannabes...
They're not below average intelligence. they're just not educated and encouraged to use the intelligence they have got.

But yes. a purge of some of the sh*t on tv would help.

They're not below average intelligence. they're just not educated and encouraged to use the intelligence they have got.

But yes. a purge of some of the sh*t on tv would help.
My bold. Yes, educated to their maximum potential. One of my students with a room temperature IQ did work experience as a picker and packer, in the 2 weeks he was there he redesigned the storage system so well that they offered him a job. Failed at GCSE, but won at life.

That's second time this weekend have heard that dumb "50% population below average intelligence" shit. It all depends on the shape of the bell curve. Will keep the maths simple here.

Ten people, IQs are as follows 100, 100, 100, 90, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50 and 40. Total IQ points = 780.
Divide by ten for average = 78.
Six (60%) are above average, four (40%) are below average.

XPara Mugg

War Hero
That's second time this weekend have heard that dumb "50% population below average intelligence" shit. It all depends on the shape of the bell curve. Will keep the maths simple here.

Ten people, IQs are as follows 100, 100, 100, 90, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50 and 40. Total IQ points = 780.

Oooh averages. Mmmmmmmm.

Mean, mode, median, grouped data, ranged data (terms vary), graphic (bell curve) etc. take your pick.

A bit like statistics. You can prove anything with them ............ except the truth.

Oooh averages. Mmmmmmmm.

Mean, mode, median, grouped data, ranged data (terms vary), graphic (bell curve) etc. take your pick.

A bit like statistics. You can prove anything with them ............ except the truth.
I know, but there are ******* retards, entitled to free school meals, who spout the 50% below average crap. As I said, was second time this weekend it was said.

crow_bag

War Hero
One thi g u have noticed with the nasty Tories starving the children gang is their obsession with austerity destroying the country.

They seem to think that all the money the government has spent on the furlough scheme etc fell of St Jeremy's money tree.

There are going to be some huge tears when the taxes, spending cuts, and public sector pay freezes kick in with gusto.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
One thi g u have noticed with the nasty Tories starving the children gang is their obsession with austerity destroying the country.

They seem to think that all the money the government has spent on the furlough scheme etc fell of St Jeremy's money tree.

There are going to be some huge tears when the taxes, spending cuts, and public sector pay freezes kick in with gusto.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
No, that’ll just be the evil Tories.

With a sample size of 10, you can ‘prove’ what you like. Eg “1 in 10 people is BAME”falls flat in a class of 30 Asian boys... “How to lie with statistics’ by Darrell Huff is the bible. Every politician probably has a copy.
There are two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from an incomplete data set.

Attachments

• 88B2E4D0-DC45-4A23-963B-9660F14D7654.jpeg
    88B2E4D0-DC45-4A23-963B-9660F14D7654.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 30
My bold. Yes, educated to their maximum potential. One of my students with a room temperature IQ did work experience as a picker and packer, in the 2 weeks he was there he redesigned the storage system so well that they offered him a job. Failed at GCSE, but won at life.
That's because the education system is not fit for purpose and failing kids. Rather than kids failing their education.

First they get trained to pass their SATs, then they are trained to pass their GCSEs. At no point are they encouraged to learn for learning's sake.

If so many people truly are below average intelligence we need to look into the nation's eugenics...

Or slap lazy teachers.

Remember the early 80s. Economic meltdown. Double digit inflation. Miners’ strikes. I don’t remember free meals for kids though? Does any other comparable European country do likewise?

Remember the early 80s. Economic meltdown. Double digit inflation. Miners’ strikes. I don’t remember free meals for kids though? Does any other comparable European country do likewise?
There was a post earlier in the thread that Sweden gives all children free school meals. The Swedish children were allegedly aghast that British kids didn't get free meals. British parents would be aghast to have to pay Swedish tax rates.

Latest Threads