Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal free school meals

Snip/

a consultant paediatrician would you believe, voted to deny children in poverty free school meals over holidays.

A paediatrician voting to keep poor kids hungry

A paediatrician should care more for kids than their parents do?

Parents who can't rustle up a slice of toast or a bit of porridge for their kid in the morning should be charged with neglect.

I think a paediatrician Probably gets to see more fvcking useless parents who need an introduction to a pick helve , on a regular basis.
( I know my wife did in her time in community dentistry.)

I think a paediatrician Probably gets to see more fvcking useless parents who need an introduction to a pick helve , on a regular basis.
( I know my wife did in her time in community dentistry.)

That and thick mongs who think that paediatricians all long for the land of cuisine and scenery

Truxx

LE

Parents who can't rustle up a slice of toast or a bit of porridge for their kid in the morning should be charged with neglect.
Especially when parents who need are already paid to feed their kids by way af child allowance.

Especially when parents who need are already paid to feed their kids by way af child allowance.

That's for spending on booze and fags innit blud

Truxx

LE
That's for spending on booze and fags innit blud
there is no question that some folks have real diffi ulty, and the idea that kids get a healthy (ish) meal once a day is a worthy one.

but paying bucket loads of money to subsidise those already subsidised, during school holidays, is bonkers.

there is no question that some folks have real diffi ulty, and the idea that kids get a healthy (ish) meal once a day is a worthy one.

but paying bucket loads of money to subsidise those already subsidised, during school holidays, is bonkers.

It's the new Evil Tories, Thatcher Milk Snatcher narrative which the mongs lap up.

The mongs* then parrot that drivel on here, and we all know that if it's said often enough it becomes the truth.

I'm not saying O'Spud 2 is a mong, but...

Watch the meltdown if child allowance was withdrawn and used to feed kids 3 square a day.

That would be state interference, though obviously the wrong sort of state interference.

And during the school holidays they save money on soap and water, wear and tear on the school uniform and car fuel.:oops:

My two did not go hungry at any time.
Both now Primary school teachers, they know about feeding kids at school.
They are your own children to look after.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
And during the school holidays they save money on soap and water, wear and tear on the school uniform and car fuel.:oops:

My two did not go hungry at any time.
Both now Primary school teachers, they know about feeding kids at school.
They are your own children to look after.

In no world would I prioritise my own vices over good nutrition of my chidren.

I have zero sympathy with the lazy and the feckless and am happy for them to live in squalor born of their own uselessness. But when children are involved I then become somewhat angry, particularly when my taxes are going (allegedly) towards the upkeep of their chidren. To then screech that they can't afford to feed them and that, somehow, is the states fault is a position i'd be happy to prosecute for neglect from.

I'm from a working class background and distinctly remember my own father being made redundant. A proud man, he did not sign on and instead took a jobs as a milkman, barman and painter and decorator. We did not miss nutritious meals that he prepared from scratch in between shifts. He eventually became a prison officer and did every bedwatch going in the run up to Christmas. Only after his death did I understand how close to the breadline we were from my mother.

My sister is a Midwife, my brother set his own SAP consultancy up and i'm doing an MSc at Shrivenham. We owe that man an extraordinary amount.

High time we took these inadequates to task. But then I have often been accused of being a man out of my time.

From my local Tesco:
2Kg porridge oats £1.20
3Kg fusilli pasta £2.78
10Kg basmati rice £10

Food poverty? They've never had it so good.
Last great report we had on kids going without was with two massive bingo-winged benefit hippos, latest phones on the table complaining how their darling children were suffering - yeah right...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
a consultant paediatrician would you believe, voted to deny children in poverty free school meals over holidays.

A paediatrician voting to keep poor kids hungry

How did kids manage to get fed during school holidays before Marcus Rashford stuck his neb in? Now kids are getting fed by the State 365 days of the year, I bet some parents are thinking "Great, more fags and booze".

How did kids manage to get fed during school holidays before Marcus Rashford stuck his neb in? Now kids are getting fed by the State 365 days of the year, I bet some parents are thinking "Great, more fags and booze".

I wonder how Rashford would feel about some fat politician debriefing him on his last on field performance?

Truxx

LE
It's the new Evil Tories, Thatcher Milk Snatcher narrative which the mongs lap up.

The mongs* then parrot that drivel on here, and we all know that if it's said often enough it becomes the truth.

I'm not saying O'Spud 2 is a mong, but...
I am having a splendid run on fizzogbook at the moment challenging the repetition of drivel purporting to be FACT

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Further to my post# 10,602, I give a prime example here. Wife's brother, a contemptuous layabout if ever there was one, been on the sick for the past 10 years, his wife works just under the max allowed per week so it doesn't affect benefits. They have a 13yo daughter and each summer, would apparoach his mum for a "loan" to get new school uniform, upwards of £300 a year plus the times "could we borrow £20/£30/£50 to sort out gas and leccy". This year, something goes awry, his mother, my MiL, pops her clogs in March (pre Covid) and the cash well has dried up, so he tries to get cash from Mum's partner, Bob. Son knows that there was a joint acct and how much was in it (£28,000) and so plays on that until it's explained to him by Bob that although it's a joint acct, the £28,000 is actually Bob's pension lump sum and the joint acct was used to pay bills from with Mum transferring money into the joint acct each month along with his pension going in to top it up. As Mum died in March, they couldn't have a family funeral so a memorial was eventually set up for Aug, all along he'd been saying that he'd pay for his family plus the daughters from his first marriage to come up from Hastings for the day, 1 week before, he states that he can't afford to come up and could someone lend him the money, wife and Bob say no, due to the fact that Bob lent him £200 back in April and he'd only managed to pay back £20 so far. I said I'd pay for their train fares and send the tickets down to him but he refuses as he "doesn't like owing money to people" and says that he won't be coming. He then realises that he has to come up as he has some legal docs to do with the house to sign so "manages to find" the money. He has an inheritance coming his way of around £12,000, but the wife isn't letting him know as now he's half owner of the house, the insurance and repairs will have to be paid for jointly and if he has the cash, it'll be gone by Christmas. At the moment, she's trying to find a way of buying him out of the house in it's present condition, after getting an estate agent to value it (£160,000), pay him off and give him his inheritance and then spend some decent cash doing it up, she already has the boiler and heating sorted for when he get's paid off and after that it's just a major redec. After this, house should realise at least £200,000.
ETA - It was her Mum's wish that Bob stay in the house as long as he wants to after her death, even up until he dies. We charge him no rent, he pays all utilities, general upkeep and contents insurance, we (that's wife and me) pay building insurance.

Last edited:
Further to my post# 10,602, I give a prime example here. Wife's brother, a contemptuous layabout if ever there was one, been on the sick for the past 10 years, his wife works just under the max allowed per week so it doesn't affect benefits. They have a 13yo daughter and each summer, would apparoach his mum for a "loan" to get new school uniform, upwards of £300 a year plus the times "could we borrow £20/£30/£50 to sort out gas and leccy". This year, something goes awry, his mother, my MiL, pops her clogs in March (pre Covid) and the cash well has dried up, so he tries to get cash from Mum's partner, Bob. Son knows that there was a joint acct and how much was in it (£28,000) and so plays on that until it's explained to him by Bob that although it's a joint acct, the £28,000 is actually Bob's pension lump sum and the joint acct was used to pay bills from with Mum transferring money into the joint acct each month along with his pension going in to top it up. As Mum died in March, they couldn't have a family funeral so a memorial was eventually set up for Aug, all along he'd been saying that he'd pay for his family plus teh daughters from his first marriage to come up from Hastings for the day, 1 week before, he states that he can't afford to come up and could someone lend him the money, wife and Bob say no, due to the fact that Bob lent him £200 back in April and he'd only managed to pay back £20 so far. I said I'd pay for their train fares and snd the tickets down to him but he refuses as he "doesn't like owing money to people" and says that he won't be coming. He then realises that he has to come up as he has some legal docs to do with the house to sign so "manages to find" the money. He has an inheritance coming his way of around £12,000, but the wife isn't letting him know as now he's half owner of the house, the insurance and repairs will have to be paid for jointly and if he has the cash, it'll be gone by Christmas. At the moment, she's trying to find a way of buying him out of the house in it's present condition, after getting an estate agent to value it (£160,000), pay him off and then spend some decent cash doing it up, she already has the boiler and heating sorted for when he get's paid off and after that it's just a major redec. After this, house should realise at least £200,000.
ETA - It was her Mum's wish that Bob stay in the house as long as he wants to after her death, even up until he dies. We charge him no rent, he pays all utilities, general upkeep and contents insurance, we (that's wife and me) pay building insurance.

The feckless cnut will probably expect £100k when it sells too....