Units sat in idle while others are stretched!

Ok heres one for you all. With all the current talk of so many units doing back to back tours. Why is there a some units sat around in barracks who have not been on tour for at least 4 years? Could these units help relieve the strain or not?

let the comments begin!

It's a bit different to say NI days when eg the RA did the infantry role. The RA and other arms are needed in their primary roles in theatre. Or are you talking about certain Infantry Regiments?

CPLBBT said:
Ok heres one for you all. With all the current talk of so many units doing back to back tours. Why is there a some units sat around in barracks who have not been on tour for at least 4 years? Could these units help relieve the strain or not?

let the comments begin!
Which paper do you work for?

New York Times, most likely.. :lol:

Question has quite...err.."septic" feel in it.

ABrighter2006 said:
What is it about Friday evenings on here?
Care in the community nurses have done their rounds and won't be supervising the patients again till Monday. The dribblers medication is either wearing off by now, or kicking in quite well.

I've heard that none of the ATR's have deployed recently... does that help?

"I've heard that none of the ATR's have deployed recently... does that help?"

I'm outraged at this - wheres the outrage bus when you need it?

jim30 said:
"I've heard that none of the ATR's have deployed recently... does that help?"

I'm outraged at this - wheres the outrage bus when you need it?
I'm outraged that the outrage bus isnt there when you need it!

Rush for the box of white feathers I say!!!

I cannot believe it. I demand the war dodging ACF deploy on ops immediately, the same as everyone else.

If these cowardly 12 and 13 year olds refuse to go, I say its the white feather for the lot of them, damn their bright blue little eyes and bum-fluff chins!!!!

My outrage has raged to new level!
:roll:

Ok I’ll own up I haven’t been on tour for years (over 6), nada, nothing not even a Rugby tour. It is not that I would not deploy it is just that I have not had the opportunity. I am unfit my uniform doesn’t fit properly and other than my personal weapon my skills are rusty. I haven’t treated a real casualty other than a minor paper cut so am not doing what I was trained for. I don’t think that this so unusual when I go into work none of my work mates have been near a sand box in their lives, are we all remfs or is this more common than we think.

Did I mention I am now out, funnily enough for 6 years ok got my coat “taxi“.

OPPO said:
Rush for the box of white feathers I say!!!

I cannot believe it. I demand the war dodging ACF deploy on ops immediately, the same as everyone else.

If these cowardly 12 and 13 year olds refuse to go, I say its the white feather for the lot of them, damn their bright blue little eyes and bum-fluff chins!!!!

My outrage has raged to new level!
:roll:
Nah, too much aggro from the daily hate about child soldiers.

Now UOTC's, that is another matter. Signed up for three or four years of jollification but if they had read all that borrrrrring paperwork properly.........

It would be interesting to see what units had deployed where, say over the past 5 years. Including down to sub unit deployments. Throw in the exercises (inc pdt, MRX, OFT) just to see where we all stand. Being a god fearing infantry man, I am content we have done our share, but I suspect that RE, REME and other support elms have done a sh!t load more.