Units in Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by ad55, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im looking to join a TA unit in Aberdeen (or around this area)

any ideas? I'm ex-regular infantry and attending uni.
  2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Thanks

I was thinking something like I'd have to get more training for, like a trade or maybe pass a selection course
  4. How far away from Aberdeen are you willing to travel?

Gordon Barracks is your handiest option as rampant says, 10 minutes walk from the uni northwards on king street, cross the bridge and it will be on the right hand side of the main road.

If you can travel some distance there are Engineers up in Elgin if that's something you would be interested in?

Map thingy showing TA units can be found at this link The Territorial Army Near You - For Those Interested in Joining the TA
  5. And don't discount the RAF Reserves - lots of things going on, including RAF Regiment if your taste is still towards infantry work (travel expenses are covered of course):

RAF Reserves - Squadrons
  6. Thanks guys, just need to visit them myself and see what's best for me
  7. Any ideas what the 2 Signal Squadron, 38 Signal Regiment (V) unit in Aberdeen is like? do they do much?
  8. Can't help you out on that one I'm afraid, I was a student there myself but I was on Don Street at the OTC. Best bet is to visit and chat to some of the people there I'd say.