United States Army Recruiting Video Airborne

Discussion in 'US' started by Trip_Wire, May 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Loads of girlies on the clip. Is US Airborne 50% splitarrse nowadays?

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Women attend the BAC and fill some positions in Airborne units; however, are not allowed to serve in combat units. They do serve as Riggers, MPs and other support jobs. (Non close combat units.) (At least for now.)

Many future Officers (To include females) from the Academies (Army, Air Force & Navy) get to attend during their time at the Academy's breaks, when slots are available. One of the reasons many AF pilots will be wearing Para wings along with their pilot wings.

4. I thought the pilots were just hedging their bets, they're many things but seldom stupid.

5. You gotta remember XVIII th Airborne Corps, 82nd Airborne Div. have hundreds of billets for females (MP, Medic, Admin, etc.).Oddly enough Rigger school is at Ft. Lee, Va. as it falls under Quartermaster

Anyone, regardless of MOS can volunteer in Basic Training to attend BAC if they pass the PT test and Medical. Then in the summer months you have the West Point Cadets, ROTC, OCS, Navy/Marines, Foreign students all attending the course. Winter months less people in the classes. I've seen a base garrison unit (MP, Engineers, Admin, Meddac) get 18 slots to send people to the school and open competition, to see who was going to go.

6. like any other recruitment video

7. TW.

I remember watching a documentary a while back and been surprised at how low the phys entry requirements were for BAC. Or is my befuddled brain palying tricks on me?????

P-T

8. Trip, there must be some form of "Arduous Selection" to keep standards high? Or has badge hunting reached a new nadir...

9. Same course since WWII. Again its for all arms and services be you a supply or pay clerk or a infantryman. There is a Need for Parachute qualified personell,, and its only a means of transport from point a to b