United Kingdom Armed Forces Humanist Association

Thanks Badger_Heed. Ive always been an atheist but had never heard of UKAFHA before, so am just generally wondering what other people's ideas were - i.e., does not having a religion need anything in its place? I personally dont like the christianised remembrance ceremony at all and any move to make it completely about the blokes rather than whatever god they may have chosen to believe in is fine by me - but do other non-godly types not mind?

How can you not believe in something you don't believe in ?

Surely by saying you don't believe in it you are acknowledging the fact that it could exist ?

Well I'm glad you are capable of forming your own opinions. Does Richard Dawkins tell you anything else to believe?

They will all burn in Hell, there is a special pit for those who overuse bold font.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks Badger_Heed. Ive always been an atheist but had never heard of UKAFHA before, so am just generally wondering what other people's ideas were - i.e., does not having a religion need anything in its place? I personally dont like the christianised remembrance ceremony at all and any move to make it completely about the blokes rather than whatever god they may have chosen to believe in is fine by me - but do other non-godly types not mind?

The vast majority of those who fought for and fell for Britain were of the Christian persuasion. Why on Earth would you have a problem with commemorating them in a manner which reflects the same? Oh, and Jesus thinks you're a twat. Welcome to the site.

You ought to demand the introduction of Humanist chaplains, who will minister to the gravely injured by telling them that there is no meaning in life, and that they're about to die and cease to exist for all eternity.

Wish there was a "triple like" button for the above. Well played,PSF

You ought to demand the introduction of Humanist chaplains, who will minister to the gravely injured by telling them that there is no meaning in life, and that they're about to die and cease to exist for all eternity.
Steady, imagine them administering extreme unction with lengthy discourses on Darwinian selection in an indifferent universe.

humanist chaplains do exist apparently, although ive never met one. Are chaplains just meant to assist the dying?

*puff of smoke*

Godless Warrior appears.

First ever post, and it's harping on about some bollox it's never heard of before, (yeah right...) and links to a website.

This would be spam in any other incarnation.

Latest Threads