United Kingdom Armed Forces Humanist Association

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by GodlessWarrior, Aug 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else heard of this (UK Armed Forces Humanist Association) ? Am atheist myself and thought this was exactly what myself and a lot of other people could be able to make use of...was curious as to what other people had to say about it
  2. I don't believe in the tooth fairy but I don't fell the need to join a club of disbelievers.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think their website is a waste of ones and zeros.

Talking of zeros, welcome to the site GodlessWarrior.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I think your website is pretty shite.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks Badger_Heed. Ive always been an atheist but had never heard of UKAFHA before, so am just generally wondering what other people's ideas were - i.e., does not having a religion need anything in its place? I personally dont like the christianised remembrance ceremony at all and any move to make it completely about the blokes rather than whatever god they may have chosen to believe in is fine by me - but do other non-godly types not mind?
  6. How can you not believe in something you don't believe in ?

Surely by saying you don't believe in it you are acknowledging the fact that it could exist ?
  7. even richard dawkins acknowledged that god could exist...just that it was so completely unlikely he feels happy to disregard the possibility
  8. Well I'm glad you are capable of forming your own opinions. Does Richard Dawkins tell you anything else to believe?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. You leave Dawkins out of this, he has enough to cope with, what with his wheelchair and speak and spell.

Heartless bastards.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. was just an example of how most famous atheist in the world acknowledges god could exist.
  11. They will all burn in Hell, there is a special pit for those who overuse bold font.

12. I thought Kim Jong-un,didn't acknowledge any god except himself? =\\\\
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

What about itallics?

14. The vast majority of those who fought for and fell for Britain were of the Christian persuasion. Why on Earth would you have a problem with commemorating them in a manner which reflects the same? Oh, and Jesus thinks you're a twat. Welcome to the site.
  15. You ought to demand the introduction of Humanist chaplains, who will minister to the gravely injured by telling them that there is no meaning in life, and that they're about to die and cease to exist for all eternity.
    • Like Like x 5