United Airlines

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by syledis, Apr 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been saving my airmiles for many a day now with Continental and managed to amass 313,000, before i had to quit flying with them a while ago as i stopped working in the Gulf of Mexico and got stuck in Africa and other lovely places.

This wasnt an issue as with Continental the miles were never lost, but after their takeover/merger with United Airlines recently i got an email saying that if i dont use them by August, i will lose them.

Ive tried to book hotels, buy stuff etc but unless you live in the States and have the correct credit card, you can only use the airmiles for flying with, and nothing else. Its a ******* rip off to be honest.

So my question is this:

There is no chance of me flying with them before the August deadline, so if i purchased miles from them , would that be good enough to extend my deadline another year?

Failing that me and the kids are flying businesss class to New York for a day trip and back again the next day, but i wiould rather use them for something really special i have in mind.

I am getting next to sod all help from them whenever i email.

Any help on here would be appreciated.

2. A bit like those couple of shops that went bust recently, they wouldn't honour gift vouchers but then they did. Looks like you've got to wait and see.

3. I suggest phoning them if you have access to a phone that isn't going to cost a fortune to ring the USA. Otherwise, phone your nearest United Airlines Reservations number. If you are still a serving soldier, and have a genuine reason for being unable to use your miles before the deadline, they will probably agree to extend them. Good Luck!
    https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/mileageplus/contact.aspx

4. Thanks

5. You can also purchase partner products (i.e pieces of mostly over priced crap) or even just hire a partner rental car for a day to keep the account and miles active. But don't take my word for it and ask the nice people on FT - they're pretty good at answering stuff.