UNITE Members - Guess what your dues are paying for?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spanner, Jun 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

He's gone to Cyprus for a week. It's not like he's swanning about for two months on the other side of the world is it?

2. I think the point may be that he's on holiday, a rather grand holiday at that, whilst the people who are funding it are on a strike that is becoming increasingly unsustainable from a strikers' point of view, and is unable to be resolved because of his intransigence.

3. Shouldn't he be there still trying to make some headway in the nogotiations while everyone he epresents strikes?and there is plenty of time to go on holdiay between strikes, surely? on a side note...wow how nice was that range!???

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A 'grand' holiday? In a villa owned by someone connected to Unite and for a week?

Perhaps he should dress himself in a hair shirt, accessorised by this season's must-have sackcloth and ashes.

5. If I was a member of Unite I'd be chuffed to bits my union fees were paying someone 120k a year to stay in a villa owned by the wife of another Unite head shed.

Stand the bus down unless it's a comedy tour of the picket lines so we can take the p1ss.

6. wonder who he flew with?

7. Must be a slow news day, oh wait, it's the mail. What a surprise. If BA restored the traveling rights to staff who will loose their jobs if they don't get them back, there wouldn't be a strike.

8. He's got a fairly nice motor on his drive (if you like tha kind of thing)

Could someone pop round and burgularise his gaff

9. My bold: I did note that also, along with a healthy salary to match it,

Besides he's probably finally realised BA are not going to give in & gave up himself :?

Some of the comments make intersting reading.

10. I wonder if Walsh would be satisfied with a borrowed house for a week. I wonder if he would be satisfied with 120k a year.

11. yes there would. That point would bve just the start of negotiations. Alternatively, if UNITE had accepted the agreed deal on the table without announcing strike dates the idiots would not have lost the perks in the first place. They are not rights as you like to misconstrue them as, they are privileges that can be withdrawn at any time. They were warned, they****ed up, they lost the privileges. Soon, they may not even have jobs

12. Perhaps he would be more satisified with a Union that realised it was in the 21st century and didn't make its members out to be fools.

13. That's just limp that is. Can you not just work up a false anger or something? :p

14. The car is part of his pay and perks package. Nice work if you can get it eh?