Unit transfer

Could do with some advice, the last couple months I have been speaking with welfare regarding a transfer to another regiment in the corps. The MO has also been involved and has said that a transfer is the best thing for me for personal reasons and has spoken to the RCMO about it. This week I was told by my management that my transfer is not happening at all, the MO’s medical advice has been chinned off and the RCMO had been told to shut his mouth. Although I haven’t been told by welfare or the RCMO himself as to what’s happened and why.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else and if so what steps did you take ?

Could do with some advice, the last couple months I have been speaking with welfare regarding a transfer to another regiment in the corps. The MO has also been involved and has said that a transfer is the best thing for me for personal reasons and has spoken to the RCMO about it. This week I was told by my management that my transfer is not happening at all, the MO’s medical advice has been chinned off and the RCMO had been told to shut his mouth. Although I haven’t been told by welfare or the RCMO himself as to what’s happened and why.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else and if so what steps did you take ?

I wanted a transfer once, and was denied many times by my hierarchy in Battalion.

A recruiting Sergeant in the ACIO who I was pally with advised me to sign off (a crazy idea I thought) - because part of the official process of signing off is that you must be offered a Transfer in order to try and keep you in Service.

Sure enough - I went to the Adjt with this info in hand, and the actual blank form which they had to sign off confirming they had offered me a transfer before my termination of service, knowing full well I knew they would end up with egg on their faces for denying me something they would then be forced to offer me - they capitulated and I was infront of the CO getting my Transfer approved within weeks.

Job jobbed. Check out and confirm the same process still applies today - a good SNCO in the Admin Office should be able to confirm and provide you with the paperwork (or appropriate area in JPA).

Good luck.

I wanted a transfer once, and was denied many times by my hierarchy in Battalion.

A recruiting Sergeant in the ACIO who I was pally with advised me to sign off (a crazy idea I thought) - because part of the official process of signing off is that you must be offered a Transfer in order to try and keep you in Service.

Sure enough - I went to the Adjt with this info in hand, and the actual blank form which they had to sign off confirming they had offered me a transfer before my termination of service, knowing full well I knew they would end up with egg on their faces for denying me something they would then be forced to offer me - they capitulated and I was infront of the CO getting my Transfer approved within weeks.

Job jobbed. Check out and confirm the same process still applies today - a good SNCO in the Admin Office should be able to confirm and provide you with the paperwork (or appropriate area in JPA).

Good luck.

Cheers for that, i will ask about that process. Unfortunately I haven’t yet served 3 years so I’m not sure if I can ask about signing off just yet.

I was once denied a transfer. An officer lied to my face and told me that I "wasn't allowed one". I wasn't experienced enough or confident enough to challenge him.

It sounds like your request for a transfer is tied into a welfare issue and that you initially had some backing from within the hierarchy. That backing may still be there.

Don't lose your temper, act rashly or succumb to self-pity (I'm not saying that you would - just that you shouldn't). Work within the system and use the system.

Do you have a Padre who you can speak to?

I was once denied a transfer. An officer lied to my face and told me that I "wasn't allowed one". I wasn't experienced enough or confident enough to challenge him.

It sounds like your request for a transfer is tied into a welfare issue and that you initially had some backing from within the hierarchy. That backing may still be there.

Don't lose your temper, act rashly or succumb to self-pity (I'm not saying that you would - just that you shouldn't). Work within the system and use the system.

The weird thing is my current sqn have told me they are transferring me to another sqn in the same rgt but on a different camp. I’m thinking that they’re doing this because they know it will mean me having to cut comms with my current welfare team and the MO who recommended a transfer.

And yes there is a padre here but I haven’t spoken to him yet.

Maybe it’s changed now but my unit would do everything in their power to stop people transferring. The whole time I was there out of the 20 or so people said they wanted a transfer I seen one actually go through and that guy had to fight very hard for it. Most of them just got fed up of the **** around and signed off. It seemed to me they’d rather lose a guy to Civ Div than another regiment or corps.

The weird thing is my current sqn have told me they are transferring me to another sqn in the same rgt but on a different camp. I’m thinking that they’re doing this because they know it will mean me having to cut comms with my current welfare team and the MO who recommended a transfer.

And yes there is a padre here but I haven’t spoken to him yet.

Speak to the Padre.

Padres can be great truth filters. They won't lie to you and the chain of command will be reluctant to lie to the Padre. Even if the Padre can't arrange your transfer, you might at least have a better idea what is going on.

If you approach the Padre the right way (and assuming he's any good) you may find an important ally - if not a friend.

Latest Threads