Unit Mottos

Boys and Girls, I was chatting on Arrse with a mate on the subject of sub-unit mottos. Now, as RLC TA, we only had the motto of our parent Corps, so I was wondering which units have an official motto which is different from their parent Regiment / Corps?

I know some Sigs and Arty Yeomanry wear shoulder-titles and different stable-belts, but wondered about mottos. I'd like to offer a prize for the one I judge to be the best, but as I am a) very biased, and b) very tight, I'm not going to.

Thanks, in anticipation of some serious replies ;-)

US Army Patriot Batteries

"If it flies, it dies"

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Royal Hong Kong Regiment (The Volunteers) (Disbanded in 1995): 'Nulli Secundus in Orientie' ie 'Second to None in the Orient'. When it was first formed the Honk Kong Volunteer Defence Force had 'Though I change my Skies I change not my Loyalties' I like that.

London Scottish: 'Strike Sure'.

The US 2nd Infantry Div had the Moto 'US 2nd Infantry Div - 2nd to None' above its gate in Southern Germany in the 70's. My father's REME workshop had to set up a det just down the road during one of the big NATO exercises. Some wit fixed up a sign saying: '12 Armd Fd Wksp REME - NONE'

"Pro Aris et Focis" ("For the altars and hearths").

47 (Middlesex Yeomanry) Signal Squadron.

3rd Foot & Mouth ( Devils in Skirts! )

'KIN ROLL ON
Any Squaddie , Anywhere in the World
Did you know that squaddies are permanantly pissed, they are pissed UP , cos they are pissed OFF,cos they keep getting pissed ON , cos they are pissed UP,cos they are pissed off, cos......................... Et Al

On the ceiling in the bar, camp grayling michigan "Nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the dark"

The immortal: "Fcuk this for a game of soldiers"

MT Section: "If it ain't broke, we'll break it."

RRV " fcuking jackets """ fcuking heavy ******* " use as appropriate does tend to be a problem when heavy or light companies want to bitch about each other :lol:

stabtastic said:
TA individual reinforcements on Telic: 'first in, last out'.
very original :wink:

"If you cant take a joke you shouldnt have joined up" - universal squaddie emblem