Unit Mottos

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Pitster, Sep 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Boys and Girls, I was chatting on Arrse with a mate on the subject of sub-unit mottos. Now, as RLC TA, we only had the motto of our parent Corps, so I was wondering which units have an official motto which is different from their parent Regiment / Corps?

I know some Sigs and Arty Yeomanry wear shoulder-titles and different stable-belts, but wondered about mottos. I'd like to offer a prize for the one I judge to be the best, but as I am a) very biased, and b) very tight, I'm not going to.

Thanks, in anticipation of some serious replies ;-)
  2. 'If its stiff w%*k it'
  3. 21 Battalion Irish RDF:

"What prisoners?"
    • Like Like x 1
  4. US Army Patriot Batteries

"If it flies, it dies"
  5. HM Customs & Excise Gatwick SAS (Static Anti smuggling): 'Who cares who wins?'
  6. TA individual reinforcements on Telic: 'first in, last out'.
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Royal Hong Kong Regiment (The Volunteers) (Disbanded in 1995): 'Nulli Secundus in Orientie' ie 'Second to None in the Orient'. When it was first formed the Honk Kong Volunteer Defence Force had 'Though I change my Skies I change not my Loyalties' I like that.

London Scottish: 'Strike Sure'.

The US 2nd Infantry Div had the Moto 'US 2nd Infantry Div - 2nd to None' above its gate in Southern Germany in the 70's. My father's REME workshop had to set up a det just down the road during one of the big NATO exercises. Some wit fixed up a sign saying: '12 Armd Fd Wksp REME - NONE'
  8. "Pro Aris et Focis" ("For the altars and hearths").

47 (Middlesex Yeomanry) Signal Squadron.
  9. 3rd Foot & Mouth ( Devils in Skirts! )
  10. 'KIN ROLL ON
    Any Squaddie , Anywhere in the World
    Did you know that squaddies are permanantly pissed, they are pissed UP , cos they are pissed OFF,cos they keep getting pissed ON , cos they are pissed UP,cos they are pissed off, cos......................... Et Al
  11. On the ceiling in the bar, camp grayling michigan "Nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the dark"
  12. The immortal: "Fcuk this for a game of soldiers"

MT Section: "If it ain't broke, we'll break it."
  13. Try going to war first!!
  14. Best place in the world 61 Ord Coy, Gutersloh (now dispanded), The Fighting 61st.

Attached Files:

15. "Harder than Hammers"

1st Battalion Tyneside Scottish Black Watch