Unit identification by collar

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Newjersey mark, Jan 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone help me identify the unit or any information by using the insignia numbers on the collar? great uncle.jpg

2. Rottenführer der Sturmabteilung (SA Section Commander) post 1930. That isn't a price in shillings on his neck, I'll try and find out what his unit was.

Whoever he was, he was a ******* bastard. My mother in law will probably know him!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 12te Stürm - 6te SA-Standarte (12th company, 6Bn SA) based in Berlin and central Brandenburg. The dark colour of the patch might suggest that his unit was motorised.

4. She is Master Race, he's not!

5. Nonesense, blond hair wasn't the sole criteria. The Germans also refer to mouse brown hair as "Dunkelblonde" which may have been a get out clause.

If he'd been a pikey, as his wingnut ears and eyeballs, which are far to chummy with each other, would suggest, then the photo would look like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The braided shoulderboard for officers, braided piping for troopers and lower ranks as in this case was first introduced by Rohm in 1930, it wasn't worn everywhere until 1933, and you got the unit ID numbers the wrong way round.

7. Gretel IS rather fetching though - the little Aryan minx!

8. It must have been very confusing for Ronald McDonald

9. Blimey, I didn't realise that Beaker from the Muppets was a Nazi.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you researching an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" for Lee Mack?

11. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Well it's not going to be for David Baddiel is it?