Unit blastwalls!!

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by boney_m, Mar 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

You may (or probably dont!!) know that arrse has an island in the Second Life virtual world.

I'm currently re-designing part of the island to give it a more Telic/Herrick look. This involves using alot of concrete blastwalls and i know units have used them as a canvas for unit art since the things were invented!!

Does anyone have a photo of their blastwall art?? Its been done in Herrick, Telic, Northern Ireland and i'm sure in other places so if you have an image could you please post it on this thread so that i can put it on a blast wall on Arrse Island on Second Life??

PM any questions,

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll dig out my Belfast ones.
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

What you really need of course is Hesco Bastions to add a realistic touch to modern locations - I'm sure that they'd be glad of the free publicity!

www.hesco.com/ for all you need to know (and probably more)
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

M'Crory Park on the Whiterock road, summer 1983.
    This is the only one I have on line, I'll have to look out the albums and get scanning. It certainly was a long time ago!
  5. Oh great! Make me feel old why don't you :D
  6. Got them, and built to scale. The're a bit too uniformal - i'll work on that in the future.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There are more pics from that era. It just makes me feel old when at reunions I get to see people retiring who were sprogs when I left!
    I will sit own and scan in a load from that ea, SLRs, DMS, Puttees, Shirts itchy, 58 pattern. :(
  8. [​IMG]

There you go OS.

It'd be great to have a few more dotted about the place.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator