Unit badges/insignias for Nurses and RAMC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by night_crawler, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A young nurse was pulled up by an officer during a conference for wearing to many forms of unit and corp identification. They were wearing a grey mafia beret, a stable belt and nursey TRF.

I know alot of units wear at least four: Beret, Stable belt, TRF and unit insignia.

When did it become policy that you cannot wear more than two forms of unit recognition? Any ideas?

NC

2. Dress regs were recently re written by the QA corps RSM

If the TRF is worn then the Stable belt is not :p

3. Complete garbage cokecan - TRF is worn on CS 95, usually with a formation badge and union flag and the CO can request that all personnel wear their respective Corps belt (plus the correct colour beret)!!

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It must be commended that a QA officer noticed such a thing.

5. The corps RSM was the RSM at our unit and she said that to her QA all the time when she saw them that only one is to be worn....

6. Would have to check QA dress regs, but it seems at odds with the rest of the British Army where its normal jogging to be wearing TRF and Stable belt.

7. Agreed, but then you know the QA Corps RSM :roll:

8. That will be another self obsessed individual looking for a commission then!! :salut:

9. Well I wear a TRF, Stable belt and beret and no one batters an eyelid. Is this just one of those fads or is it to stop people collecting badges?

NC

10. Is that some Scottish way of cooking small bits of skin, or do you mean "no one bats an eyelid"?

;)

FF.

11. P.S. I'm not QA, but I have also heard this before. Apparently there is some rule about the number of Corps identifiers they are allowed to wear. Some of the QA guys and gals on a cse with me were specifically not issued with certain items, and this was the reason given.

12. Does this mean that QA's can't have the corps cap-badge tattoed on their arms (or anywhere else)?

13. Pretty sure that it's down to unit/brigade policy, a Bde I know of wears it's Bde Flash on the same arm as the TRF...

14. Current regs state that no more than 2 forms of reg insignia are to be worn when in CS95, i.e. beret and TRF or stable belt. Wearing TRF and belt is incorrect dress.

This has not been made clear throughout the corps, so many units are unaware of this reg. This is probably due to the fact that the majority of people in the QAs who make the regs couldn't find their arrses with both hands and a map (despite the size).

15. That's the problem, officers and a map! 8O