Union Jack Club

Discussion in 'Officers' started by spearmint_rhino, Jun 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there an equivalent establishment for Officers visiting London?

Kind regards,

2. Huh? Yes the Union Jack Club!
  3. Excuse me standing in the Mess doorway, but there's also the Victory Services Club.
  4. I'll get my coat
  5. Isn’t it funny, both Clubs were originally for non commissioned officers as they did not have the money to afford London Club accommodation. Of the two, I prefer the Victory Services Club, a far better location. Last time I was there PM Army was staying there as well. Times have changed, a Brigadier in an OR’s club. bloody cheapskate!

Do officers clubs offer rooms to other ranks? I should bloody cocoao.
  6. Last time I stayed at the UJC (December), the receptionist checked that I wasn’t an officer before letting me book a room.

Perhaps she just didn’t like rupperts.
  7. From their website http://www.ujclub.co.uk/

8. I wasn’t arguing with you vermin.
    Maybe they have a separate price plan??
  9. If you know any of us Light Blue, they might sponsor your stay in the RAF Club. A rather fine establishment don't you know.
  10. Officers pay a higher rate for the UJC.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Alternatively, Join the Royal Scots Club - £70 per annum for serving and ex-serving, with reciprocal membership of the Army & Navy, Rag, RAF Club, Victory Services Club and others. Excellent for occasional visits to town.
  12. I normally stay at the UJC for the Army v Navy game. This year, for no reason other than I fancied a change, I stayed at the VSC with my girlfriend. Never again.

The internet booking system cannot take payment online, the reservation made online was cocked-up anyway, on arrival the receptionist found then lost our booking, the room was pants, the connecting door was unable to be secured and we twice had drunken guests in the middle of the night (not so bad if they'd been invited ;-)), the duty manager was a useless fop, the restaurant is unable to cope with the number of guests (although the sausages were delicious), the decor and furnishings are tired/dirty and the bar staff were unable to pour a decent pint of Guinness. Apart from that, it was fine!

At least we won the rugby (even if it was a pants game).