Union Jack Club

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Staying there Wednesday night, anyone around, anything in the locality to have a look at?
Short walk to the imperial war museum or tube station is Lambeth north. Three stags boozer on the corner almost opposite has good food and ale. The bar in UJC will close bang on time so get a few in at last orders. There is a stair lift at the front if you have your wife with you.

If you head for the river and turn right there's the Globe Theatre and a couple of pubs and eaterys
there is Zizzi, Tas Pide and The Real Greek by the Globe. Tas is Turkish and lovely food and good value, if yo lke Italian get a voucher for half price main courses at Zizzi - although it is upstairs if you have a wheelchair user with you. There's also a Pizza Express which you can get 50% off with a voucher at the moment I think
it's my training night but be happy to come to UJC bar afterwards for a drink about 9.30pm if you wull be there

Theres the imax cinema just a short walk away, head for Waterloo Bridge you cant miss it. I had a very enjoyable evening in the Crown & Cushion pub about 10 mins walk away. The Old Vic theatre is 2 mins away. The Waterloo grill hut under the bridge does great post beer grub too.

LT

9.30 it is then

there is Zizzi, Tas Pide and The Real Greek by the Globe. Tas is Turkish and lovely food and good value, if yo lke Italian get a voucher for half price main courses at Zizzi - although it is upstairs if you have a wheelchair user with you. There's also a Pizza Express which you can get 50% off with a voucher at the moment I think
it's my training night but be happy to come to UJC bar afterwards for a drink about 9.30pm if you wull be there

Ohh I think you do, that trouser python must be bursting with anticipation.

I stayed there last night. Bottom line is you've got the whole of London's West End just over Waterloo Bridge (hence the early wah call). I took the wife to see Dirty Dancing for her 40th, thought it would be pants but what a letch, some outstanding very fit ladies who can get their legs in to some very interesting angles!

If you've got the time there's some very good midweek late deals to be had for the big shows in the theatres which are probably subsidised by the £100 they cost on a Saturday!

Forget the shows. Straight out the door, turn right, past Waterloo Station and onto Hungerford Bridge past the National Theatre. Once you've fended off all the Lefties and thrown some paint on Nelson Mandela's statue, get off the bridge on the proper side of the river and turn half left past the National Liberal Club. Gaze in awe at the rather fantastic memorial to RAC tank crews at the N end of the Old War Office (based on a Comet crew don'tcha know) and carry on until you see a rather imposing, nay, monolithic, building in front of you. Look right to see the Gurkha memorial and, in the distance, Whitehall crossing left to right with the entrance to Horse Guards Parade and the 'Other Army' beyond. Ignore the temptation to join the Footguards and go straight ahead. March up the steps of the Ministry of Defence saying to the MDP that Bubbles sent you - you'll find plenty of interesting things to look at in there!

Head to the river turn right and get yourself up to the OXO tower for cocktails - for fucks sake don't eat there though. Over the river to Knightsbridge: Claridges is still pretty good for a bit of scoff if you don't mind lining that bastard Ramsey's pockets but really Marcus Waring at the Berkley or Helene Darroze at the Connaught are perfectly acceptable. After that you can get yourself to Leicester square for a punch up with tourists/students/drug dealers - happy days.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Head to the river turn right and get yourself up to the OXO tower for cocktails - for fucks sake don't eat there though. Over the river to Knightsbridge: Claridges is still pretty good for a bit of scoff if you don't mind lining that bastard Ramsey's pockets but really Marcus Waring at the Berkley or Helene Darroze at the Connaught are perfectly acceptable. After that you can get yourself to Leicester square for a punch up with tourists/students/drug dealers - happy days.
Cocktails, claridges, Gordon Ramsey? By the fucking christ he's a northener he'll have a couple of cans in his bag, half a loaf and a tin of PEK.

He'll be trying to bum Poppy by 2135hrs, what's all this about shows and food?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Officers 13
T The NAAFI Bar 5
W The Intelligence Cell 60