Unintentional Comedy Moments in Dramas

JackSofty

War Hero
Ever laughed like a drain over a terribly or inappropiately acted 'serious' scene in a film or television drama?
I just recalled Arthur Fowler's festive Christmas psychological breakdown on Eastenders (I may be stretching the definition of the word drama here).
I recall hooting like an elephant seal at Mr. Treacher who, like most of the cast, could not act for sh*t.
My being a person who has lost his biscuits many times because of my illness, disabilities and the dire position that public servant scum have put us in, I still find it one of the most hilarious things ever televised.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Eastenders is not a drama, it is a soap opera, as defined; A play where any of the scenes can be split and randomly put back together without changing anything and still have the same play, the anti- thesis of Tarrentino.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I saw Jaws in the cinema. At the end, (spoiler alert) bloke sitting on flotsam in the aftermath of an apocalyptic explosion, bloke eaten by shark (iirc, it's 45 years ffs) and bloke missing presumed drowned.

The last surfaces behind the first and makes his way toward the first. As the first spots the last and jumps, I went "boo!" and laughed uproariously.

Looked round. Realised everybody else in the cinema was staring at the screen, still terrified.

I never went back into the ABC Cinema, in Sunderland. Mainly because I was on the point of reenlisting, and have essentially never been back.

Watching The Hill Have Eyes on video at work, monster child comes in and says "eat the baby, eat the baby"

Que 11 firelighters paralysed with laughter.

Went to see titanic (GF was obsessed with the Titanic, was convinced she'd died on board in a previous life)
I was the only person who laughed (and loudly too) when a body bounced off the propeller.

All the women were crying, half the blokes were blubbing.

I didn't get a shag that night for some reason

Every (shaped) beret in any TV drama

Nothing more to add

One of the police interceptor type programmes a few days ago.. impatient driver sounds his horn twice at unmarked cop car. Second one was unnecessary and cops pulls him over, has words.

Voice over says something like "and that serves him right for giving (cop name) the horn'

Sniggering from me, disapproving look from Mrs Phantom.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Watching The Hill Have Eyes on video at work, monster child comes in and says "eat the baby, eat the baby"

Que 11 firelighters paralysed with laughter.
We got free entry to watch "The Towering Inferno". Everyone on the watch laughed through the whole film.

This always cracks me up

I giggled through IT Chapter 2, damn near wet myself laughing whenever Mrs Kersh appeared.

Went to see titanic (GF was obsessed with the Titanic, was convinced she'd died on board in a previous life)
I was the only person who laughed (and loudly too) when a body bounced off the propeller.

I laughed at the end when he drowned, he'd been whinging for ages

I had to sit through that film with Mrs Slaw. Half way through the film (before the ship even hit the iceberg) 2 teenage girls were blubbing behind me. I turned round and in a stage whisper informed them that the ship would sink and Leonardo would die.

I was still rubbing my sore ribs for weeks afterwards.

Alien.

They’re all sitting round that table when John Hurt goes into a rapture of pain.

As the young alien emerges from Hurt’s chest, and all the crew are terrified (there’s a rumour the other actors didn’t know what was coming) some wag shouted out:

“Look, it’s Brian the snail from Magic Roundabout’”

IIRC I dropped my popcorn...

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
I remember being in Stroud cinema in the mid-70s with my two mates, watching a Dracula film (can’t remember what it was called). Dracula, standing in front of the scantily-clad heroine, opens his mouth wide to lunge at her neck and she falls to the ground in a faint ... one mate pipes up “Now that’s what you call bad breath!”. The entire audience burst out into hysterics.

Chimp

ADC
Eastenders is not a drama, it is a soap opera, as defined; A play where any of the scenes can be split and randomly put back together without changing anything and still have the same play, the anti- thesis of Tarrentino.
I think you are wrong there - Mrs Chimp is sure that it is a fly on the wall documentary.

Ever laughed like a drain over a terribly or inappropiately acted 'serious' scene in a film or television drama?
I just recalled Arthur Fowler's festive Christmas psychological breakdown on Eastenders (I may be stretching the definition of the word drama here).
I recall hooting like an elephant seal at Mr. Treacher who, like most of the cast, could not act for sh*t.
My being a person who has lost his biscuits many times because of my illness, disabilities and the dire position that public servant scum have put us in, I still find it one of the most hilarious things ever televised.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
You Watch Eastenders! Well!

Latest Threads