Unifrom Belt

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Mk 82, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am after some guidance and hope that someone in this forum can help.

I’m ex RE (23 years and out) and was married to a QARANC nurse; we separated a few years ago (reasonably amicably and we are still friends) and I moved to Australia.

I was recently sorting through my glory box and came upon my ex’s NI medal and Belt Buckles. I never realised they where in there and so I obviously plan to return them but rather than send them back in an envelope I plan to have a small shadow box made up.

To that end I have a question:

The red/grey belt that would have had the buckles attached (her ward uniform); what was the material, the correct colours and dimensions/ratios?

If there is anyone with an appropriate length of said material lying around that they would pop in an envelope along with a couple of collar dogs and a cap badge then I would of course cover their costs and a donation to Holidays 4 Heroes.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  2. If you have no joy on this site,

Try; INTRAMARK, Intramark Limited - manufacturers of Uniform Accoutrements and Ceremonial Regalia (tel; 01455 612400).

They manufactor cloth stable belts for most corps and regiments so will be able to supply either a complete belt or or a sample of material. They also supply cap badges and collar dogs etc. They are cheaper than the retailers who will add on their mark up/profit etc.

Hopefully this is helpful.
  3. The belt would have been made from petersham. The diameter would depend on the diameter of the belt, older belts were wider than the ones that were worn just before we stopped wearing ward dresses.

Was your ex an enrolled nurse? as they wore red and grey together, the red would probably have been about 2.5" in diameter and the grey about 1 -1.5" and would have been sew onto the red down the middle of the belt.

I no longer have a stash of red petersham, I have tried to find a supplier on google but so far have had no joy. I'll keep looking.

Hope this helps

4. [​IMG]

the buckle would have been a QARANC one and not the one thats in the picture.
  5. Sluice,

Petersham, that sounds familiar, I knew it sounded like a place name! My ex left nearly 10 years ago now (that makes me feel even older) and was an Enrolled nurse; the belt was as you described.

Thank you for your help. I'll pop into Spotlight and see what I can find.