Uniform To Work Day

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Track_Link, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just received an email from a mate in the ACF about uniform to work day (26th June 09 for STAB recognition it seems) It appears some ACF seem to want to wear theirs to.

Personally I think any that do wear theirs to work need a good shoeing and a chat about Walting..
  2. providing they do something to show they are ACF it's fine... however I have 2 reservations...

1- they must not try and instigate that it is their uniform as a soldier, and that they most definately are ACF (I feel some would likely 'struggle' to do this)

2- why do it anyway? you're just inviting yourself to lots of unwanted attention and people asking you why you're in uniform / are you in the army (!) / why you support the killing of babies etc.

It's just pointless in my eyes. keep it looking nice for parade and wear civvies to work.
  3. Will the SIB be partaking in this fun?
  4. If the Kids from ACF would want to wear it to school, then crack on, but judging by the date, i dont think that is the case. In which case the Walts will probably hav e a field day.
  5. I doubt it. They dont get uniform do they?
  6. Email received today about this stated:

"...please ensure that you wear the correct uniform clearly showing your affiliation to the Army Cadet Force..."

Raises the profile of the ACF and potentially encourages colleagues to get their kids to join up.

I however have the day off work and certainly won't be wearing either ACF or TA uniform to sunbathe on the beach :D
  7. I can see the merit on 'recruiting' but I think it is slightly misplaced. Get out and about in the schools and youth clubs.
  8. Wahed.
  9. Visits to schools do take place and cadets also have information on the ACF which they can hand out to their mates.

Plus any teachers or kids in the ACF who wear their uniform to school will get the other kids talking about it and asking questions.

To be honest, the kids are the best recruiting tools, one day of wearing uniform probably won't have that big an impact on recruiting. Making the training fun gets them talking about it to their mates which in turn brings more in. But a little more 'advertising' can't be a bad thing.
  10. Bad wah because you insinuated SIB patake in fun. Point taken though. Thanks. I will endeavour to be more 'ARRSE wise' in future
  11. Is there such a thing as a bad Wah?
  12. I dunno.

Doh. That was prob a wah. I'm not really wah'd up to be honest
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

14. If the ACF are taking part then so can I; I'm a member of The Sealed Knot. On Uniform to Work Day I am going to arrive in hesian trousers, a leather jerkin, pixie boots, bearing a matchlock pistol and a sharp agricultural impliment. At lunchtime I will throw bones over my shoulder then kill the French bloke in accounts with a swift blow to the head.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.