Uniform To Work Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received an email from a mate in the ACF about uniform to work day (26th June 09 for STAB recognition it seems) It appears some ACF seem to want to wear theirs to.

Personally I think any that do wear theirs to work need a good shoeing and a chat about Walting..

providing they do something to show they are ACF it's fine... however I have 2 reservations...

1- they must not try and instigate that it is their uniform as a soldier, and that they most definately are ACF (I feel some would likely 'struggle' to do this)

2- why do it anyway? you're just inviting yourself to lots of unwanted attention and people asking you why you're in uniform / are you in the army (!) / why you support the killing of babies etc.

It's just pointless in my eyes. keep it looking nice for parade and wear civvies to work.

Will the SIB be partaking in this fun?

If the Kids from ACF would want to wear it to school, then crack on, but judging by the date, i dont think that is the case. In which case the Walts will probably hav e a field day.

AFA06 said:
I doubt it. They dont get uniform do they?

therealbigdizzle said:
providing they do something to show they are ACF it's fine... however I have 2 reservations...

1- they must not try and instigate that it is their uniform as a soldier, and that they most definately are ACF (I feel some would likely 'struggle' to do this)
Email received today about this stated:

"...please ensure that you wear the correct uniform clearly showing your affiliation to the Army Cadet Force..."

therealbigdizzle said:
2- why do it anyway? you're just inviting yourself to lots of unwanted attention and people asking you why you're in uniform / are you in the army (!) / why you support the killing of babies etc.
Raises the profile of the ACF and potentially encourages colleagues to get their kids to join up.

I however have the day off work and certainly won't be wearing either ACF or TA uniform to sunbathe on the beach :D

I can see the merit on 'recruiting' but I think it is slightly misplaced. Get out and about in the schools and youth clubs.

CTU-UK said:
I can see the merit on 'recruiting' but I think it is slightly misplaced. Get out and about in the schools and youth clubs.
Visits to schools do take place and cadets also have information on the ACF which they can hand out to their mates.

Plus any teachers or kids in the ACF who wear their uniform to school will get the other kids talking about it and asking questions.

To be honest, the kids are the best recruiting tools, one day of wearing uniform probably won't have that big an impact on recruiting. Making the training fun gets them talking about it to their mates which in turn brings more in. But a little more 'advertising' can't be a bad thing.

LancePrivateJones said:
CTU-UK said:
AFA06 said:
Wahed.
:D
Bad wah because you insinuated SIB patake in fun. Point taken though. Thanks. I will endeavour to be more 'ARRSE wise' in future

Track_Link said:
CTU-UK said:
LancePrivateJones said:
CTU-UK said:
AFA06 said:
Wahed.
:D
Bad wah because you insinuated SIB patake in fun. Point taken though. Thanks. I will endeavour to be more 'ARRSE wise' in future
Is there such a thing as a bad Wah?
I dunno.

Doh. That was prob a wah. I'm not really wah'd up to be honest

;)

If the ACF are taking part then so can I; I'm a member of The Sealed Knot. On Uniform to Work Day I am going to arrive in hesian trousers, a leather jerkin, pixie boots, bearing a matchlock pistol and a sharp agricultural impliment. At lunchtime I will throw bones over my shoulder then kill the French bloke in accounts with a swift blow to the head.

Furryturd said:
If the ACF are taking part then so can I; I'm a member of The Sealed Knot. On Uniform to Work Day I am going to arrive in hesian trousers, a leather jerkin, pixie boots, bearing a matchlock pistol and a sharp agricultural impliment. At lunchtime I will throw bones over my shoulder then kill the French bloke in accounts with a swift blow to the head.
'Sounds like a plan there Baron Castleshortt

I just figure, especially in the cities, wearing uniform to work is just asking for more attention than you need.

Until not-long-ago, wearing uniform in public was forbidden. Personally I'd say there's still risks involved with doing so.

You can recruit by handing out flyers, putting up posters, whatever. You don't have to walk around in uniform making yourself a potential target of abuse or worse to recruit people. You're just asking for trouble.

I saw a RE squaddie walking about waterloo station the other day, and had horrible visions of some bra-less, skeleton like ageing hippy verbally pouncing him (which is surprising, as you can normally smell them first) and berating him for being a murderer, child killer, [insert left-wing hyped propaganda statement here].

Instead he got a few nods of the head, and a couple of smiles from the passers by, and continued his journey without interruption.

Security risk or not (being lifted, followed etc), it feels good that a person can walk about in uniform and be treated with the respect it deserves. But would I do it? I work in an office of mostly ex-servicemen (mostly navy and rm...but they're ok really once they learned to pick their knuckles up when they walked :) ), but i'd still be reluctant to wear my uniform to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 33
4 Classified Ads 6
C Officers 63