Uniform Tips

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Fadism, Mar 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening.

Just wondering how people manage certain things with there uniform.

Perfect rolled up sleeves, no creasing in them at all, competely flat. How do you get that?

any other tips would be appreciated.

2. Roll them up cuff width the whole way up and then iron them?

3. If you leave them on your bed and get Bigbird to sit on them for a hour it works a treat.

4. It always creases at the side and ends up slipping. Never perfect.

5. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Try turning the iron on.

6. I heard butchering your combats, you can infact make a custom pair of what appear to be rolled up sleaves, and you can sew them on to your best 95 shirt. I heard there is good business in it to if you were thinking of becoming a retailer.

7. Ditto this and spray starch lots of!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. With a quick multiple dose of "Show shirt" etc at stupid o'clock to enable attention to detail.

9. I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but surely your batman should be taking care of this?

10. Ask the STABs. They manage to make a quite well designed and smart uniform resemble a total ******* abortion once it's draped, unwashed and unironed, over their corpulent phys-phobia bodies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Did your mum not teach you anything when you were at home? Have you not heard of starch? Was ironing and going to the tailors not part of the curriculum at Dozy Trg Bt?...

12. By having biceps and triceps

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lob it in the tumble iron - job jobbed!

14. With working uniform, RSMs will accept clean and ironed flat - creases optional.
    As I'm a biff with creases, I don't bother having them in trousers or sleeves.
    After ironing the sleeves flat, it takes a minute to roll each sleeve up to an acceptable standard whilst wearing the shirt.
    I'll be in theatre soon so no more ironing for 7 months.

15. Here's a tip: Become aircrew. There's a magic tac symbol inside the flying suit:

[​IMG]