UNIFORM TIPS (bulling, shaping, moulding, ironing..the works

Hi everyone, I have had a lot of people ask me about uniform related
topics over the years and through trail and error have discovered much...

if anyone has any querries please dont hesitate to ask and i'll do my best for you..
mucho beauno

bravo_two_zero said:

if anyone has any querries please dont hesitate to ask and i'll do my best for you..
mucho beauno
I bet your a fcuking ball at parties

Whats the best thing for getting cumstains off my combats when i cant be arsed washing them?

My CSM said something about ironing a bag of shiit. I did that, and now my iron smells and leaves stains on my uniform. What should I do?

bravo_two_zero said:

mucho beauno
have you any suggestions about how to iron that tricky bit on the front of my y-fronts?? i have OCS and would like the bit inside the Y to be crease free :lol:

Fukin hell, and I thought I came up with a she-ite 1st post. Off to the hole boy - .

If you were being a sarcastic prik then I apologise and will really laugh my head off.

When you take all the coloured patches off the DPM pattern, what colour is it beneath? I always wondered and maybe you know?

Kaye said:
When you take all the coloured patches off the DPM pattern, what colour is it beneath? I always wondered and maybe you know?
...And Bèta Two Nil actually replied to my question! He's still a bit shy, so I copied his PM below.

Here's his enlightening word of Truth:

"Yeah, once all the dpm has been removed, your left with like a very pale yellow/green. almost like a chaki colour. :D "

Ha ha, Y-fronts chap? bit 80's!!

as i've said, best thing to keep creases in is soap. turn the item of clothing that you want to iron inside out: run a bar of soap down the inside of the crease, turn the clothing back round (outside in) and iron with plenty of steam, this keeps the crease for longer and looks sharper.

bulling boots: (if u feel the need)
normal black kiwi polish not parade gloss cos it cracks easy.
jab your fingers into the polish, rub the polish into the boot/shoe with your fingers until you feel the polish becoming sticky. now take a lighter, hold the flame underneath where you have polished on the boot/shoe until the polish goes runny, make sure it runs evenly but dont touch it until its dry.
leave it for a bit until its dry and cool, then get your cotton wool pleats/duster which ever works for you, soak it in water, put a small amount of polish on it and begin to polish the boot/shoe, small circles and dont press on too hard.
repeat the whole process until ya happy.
Bear in mind, if ya do bull all around the shoe/boot that the stress points (where the leather bends) will not stay bulled, the polish will crack and fall off. :?: 8O

bravo_two_zero said:

mucho beauno
Quick question B-2-Z if you'd be so kind. It’s more of a polishing than uniform query, but you do seem to be rather knowledgeable.

Qu- when in the showers, the other lads don’t appreciate me vigorously polishing a certain area of my body, Any advice or tips?

bravo_two_zero said:
Ha ha, Y-fronts chap? bit 80's!!

as i've said, best thing to keep creases in is soap. turn the item of clothing that you want to iron inside out: run a bar of soap down the inside of the crease, turn the clothing back round (outside in) and iron with plenty of steam, this keeps the crease for longer and looks sharper.
proword NOWAH.

You really are a fcuking plank aren't you.

Turning clothes inside out is fine but if you turn them outside in they they are the same way round. ie the outside is inside and the inside is outside.
And if you use soap on the inside that is now outside and put the outside inside then when it rains you get bubbles.

Any fule no that wonderweb if the stuff for creases.

you dont get bubbles unless you use a fancy soap, trust me, the soap ive found tht doesnt bubble is imperial laether.
lol the outside in inside out thing confused the shit out of me, but its common sense, clearly you dont put soap on the outside of ur kit.