Uniform grant for officers

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by missmoneypenny5445, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm if a Lt Col promoted to Colonel is entitled to some form of uniform grant, have tried to access jsp 886 but havin no joy. Thanjs in advance
  2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Don't they get paid enough?
  3. Dear God! Tell the tight sod to buy his (or her) own blasted uniform. Shades of despicable politicians.
  4. You would get a promotion grant. Can't rememer the exact amount but I think it is about £900. There are various factors though, mounted roles etc. It is to buy the red tabs, Staff Beret Badge and new labrador.
  5. Thats a shit load of tweed and brown chords!
  6. You dont get that much good quality tweed for £900!!

More to the point when ar SNCOs and WOs going to get a clothing grant as breifed by the CGS team over 3 years ago??

7. Some WO's I could understand (especially WO1 and RSMs) but SNCOs needing a clothing grant? Excepting mess dress, don't they issue all they need?
  8. And the servicing costs on a Volvo Estate upgrade do not come cheap either! :D
  9. I retired years ago and ever since have had to buy my suits, hats, Labradors, Volvos, and such gold plated fittings for the loo that I deemed necessary. Furthermore my pension is not keeping pace with inflation.

Whilst an allowance on commissioning seems reasonable I don't think it fair or equitable that promoted bureaucrats enjoy yet more allowances to buy their bloody uniforms. God help them in Civvie Street! The PM (QoS) in cape and blues is a figure of fun! Miss Moneypenny should advise her chap(ess) that The Great Unwashed just won't put up with much more Old Pals Act Expenditure.