Uniform for the Groom

I'm increasingly seeing screws posting pictures of themselves on the dreaded FB getting married as a SNCO. I think that blokes have been doing this for years gone by but does anyone know if it's in QR's? Personally I think that is chippy as **** but that's just me!

Cheers

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't there a thread about Cpl Beharry V.C.'s wedding pictures.
IIRC he had three stripes on his uniform.

I got married as a WO1, complete with sword and red sash, even though I had only just picked up my first tape. It looked well cool on the photos and I even managed to get a nosh off one of the bridesmaids, so I reckon it was well worth it.

Well if it isn't, a lot of people have some answering to do!

Personally not arsed, someone somewhere informed people that a rank up on your wedding day is fair game and so people do it.

It's for one day, and they're not causing anyone harm or wearing it for the rest of the year, so I don't see the problem really.

If it is or isn't is mostly irrelevant nowadays as people will still do it. They can wear what they want to their wedding, hell, go dressed as friggin Thunderbird 2 for all I care!

I'm increasingly seeing screws posting pictures of themselves on the dreaded FB getting married as a SNCO. I think that blokes have been doing this for years gone by but does anyone know if it's in QR's? Personally I think that is chippy as **** but that's just me!

Cheers

1. Who cares?

2. If you're serving why not drag out a copy of the QRs yourself and check

3. Who,cares?

4. If you're not serving, why do you care?

5. If you want to wear 'one up' on your wedding day, ask your CSM/SSM/RSM.

6. Who cares?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Why is the Chap next to the Paratrooper wearing a Para Cap badge but not a maroon beret.
Is he a left over from the Wild Geese?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I got married as a WO1, complete with sword and red sash, even though I had only just picked up my first tape. It looked well cool on the photos and I even managed to get a nosh off one of the bridesmaids, so I reckon it was well worth it.
Peasant! When I got married, I exercise my right to dress as a Großadmiral and Oberbefehlshaber der Kriegsmarine.

The wife refused to appear in the wedding photos as all those gold rings made her look fat and she was scared of being kidnapped by Mossad and taken to Israel.

Well yes that's all very well and good! everyone needs a hobby, but Why is he wearing "beret non ferocious" with para badge?
The one with the 'proper' Para beret will be an ex-Airborne soldier who has earned the beret. The one in blue only has the Para badge because he's at a Para affiliated cadet unit so he hasn't earned the maroon beret.

That photo, as ever, shows that being a cadet instructor really is just an ever continuing round of dress up. The whining that they weren't allowed to wear uniform at the funeral (per wife's wishes) was ******* disgusting and showed the attitude of cadet instructors perfectly.

JBM
cheers for that, what was the groom called? harry flashman or something? he had the piss ripped out of him but took it well if I remember.

oh by the way , that's an interesting assortment of swo.. meat cleavers on display

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 33
4 Classified Ads 6
C Officers 63