Uniform for the Groom

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Tomo113954, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm increasingly seeing screws posting pictures of themselves on the dreaded FB getting married as a SNCO. I think that blokes have been doing this for years gone by but does anyone know if it's in QR's? Personally I think that is chippy as **** but that's just me!

Cheers

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't there a thread about Cpl Beharry V.C.'s wedding pictures.
    IIRC he had three stripes on his uniform.

3. I got married as a WO1, complete with sword and red sash, even though I had only just picked up my first tape. It looked well cool on the photos and I even managed to get a nosh off one of the bridesmaids, so I reckon it was well worth it.

• Like Like x 13
  4. Well if it isn't, a lot of people have some answering to do!

Personally not arsed, someone somewhere informed people that a rank up on your wedding day is fair game and so people do it.

It's for one day, and they're not causing anyone harm or wearing it for the rest of the year, so I don't see the problem really.

If it is or isn't is mostly irrelevant nowadays as people will still do it. They can wear what they want to their wedding, hell, go dressed as friggin Thunderbird 2 for all I care!

5. 1. Who cares?

2. If you're serving why not drag out a copy of the QRs yourself and check

3. Who,cares?

4. If you're not serving, why do you care?

5. If you want to wear 'one up' on your wedding day, ask your CSM/SSM/RSM.

6. Who cares?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  6. How do you feel about ACF Officers and SNCOs wearing uniform on their wedding days?

View attachment 134781

7. There were at least two if not three threads about this in the last year or so. Use Search.

8. I'm all for it, but only if the ACF officer wears an ammo tin on his head prior to committing suicide with a high velocity round.

• Like Like x 2
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Why is the Chap next to the Paratrooper wearing a Para Cap badge but not a maroon beret.
    Is he a left over from the Wild Geese?

10. He's a toucher of kids, prodder of pubescent pudenda, sucker of schoolboys etc, etc.

Oh, and a craphat.

11. It's fine as long as they commit suicide before their first anniversary.

12. That photo concerns me - the bloke middle left has a proper 'rape face' on the go.

13. I'd be more concerned about the groom ventilating his swede with a 5.56mm round whilst on an ACF camp.

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

So which of the other retards was the bride noshing to make him do that ?

15. Well yes that's all very well and good! everyone needs a hobby, but Why is he wearing "beret non ferocious" with para badge?