Uniform for my wedding?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by boy wonder, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents, I am just writing to try and get something confirmed. I have heard that you can wear your next rank up when you get married. I am currnetly looking at going officer so can i wear an officer rank instead of a corpral rank seeing as i will be an officerfor my next rank.

2. Yes shouldn't be a problem

3. surely a wah! one rank up from Cpl is Sgt not a commissioned rank regardless of you 'looking at' commissioning. If you did then you should wear the rank of Officer Cadet which unless you are looking at a LE commission is the rank youll be next if successful.

4. Knowing that this is a wind up (having read your other post about payday).

The answer is NO.

However if you don’t like that answer, wait until someone comes along and says yes because there best mates, best mates, best mates, best friend did it once and he had the authority of his CO’s drivers best mates sister.

Then carry on and wear the uniform with the incorrect rank

However as this is a wind up (note not Wah) the above is nugatory anyway

5. so is it one rank up or next rank ?? if its next rank then surely i can war 2nd Lt for my wedding

6. It's your wedding, you can do it in a ******* tutu if you want!

7. YES! Because my best mates, best mates, best mates, best friend did it once and he had the authority of his CO’s drivers best mates sister.

Carry on and wear the uniform with the incorrect rank.

8. :plotting::eh: just to make you happy

of course you can and at the same time you can get any bling you need from fleebay at low cost

9. looks like a crap wah, to the hole!

10. hopefully i should be a 2nd Lt by then anyway so i will just wear my current rank at the time

11. My best mates, best mates, best mates, best friend did it once and he had the authority of his CO’s drivers best mates sister.

bugger beat me to it

12. what are you lot on about best mates and stuff?? im only asking a simple question. my dad told me people wont like you when you rise up and go officer.

13. Because its a bone question, built on rumour.

14. do people like you now? theyll like you a lot less if you turn up at your wedding dressed as an officer when youre a Cpl, in fact you may find a picture of yourself on here in the Walt section!

If people like you now theyll like you as an officer unless you turn into a complete dick.

15. finally a honest answer cheers "waitout"

so whatsthe answer to the rumour xx