UNICOM

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by capitalred, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. = shambles.

are we the only unit having dramas, being at the end of the line or is there anyone else managing to cram 5 minutes work into 3 days :x :x :x

2. since going over to the new central server at tippex commando HQ (Worthy Down) we seem to have at least 5 mins a day to get work done before it all goes tits up and then we seem to spend rest of the day on the phone to the SPOC guys .Just had to battle through a MAV inspection with the system being down.

3. Been realy bad for the past 3 weeks.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Having spoken to Unicom they have said it has been a problem since the change over to the central server. They have had consultants in (good money if you can get it) and they have highlighted various areas which are causing problems.

Don't hold your breath for a remedy soon.

5. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Could that be the fairly obvious problem that the entire army is trying to log onto one server?
    *Bills HMG for his time and labour costs in deducing the problem area*

6. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

I have been dealing with this today and have had 30 odd calls/e mails and it transpires that the help desk has 50% of the staff off sick so their not manning it.

As there still civil servants they don’t have to bolster it…

The consultants have discovered there is an issue with RAM so it will be a relatively quick fix.

My heart goes out to the busier units it must be utterly frustrating
    I’ll I can advise is keep complaining and make your BOWOs ears bleed

7. Who's bright idea was it to put the entire British Army onto a single server when they knew that if you did or carried out a function in SAP ie. change password that only one person could use the server! Well hello how many SA's are now trying to do this function at once!

8. hopefully some bright spark will speed up the most basic of functions, theres screens opening everywhere now, well some times they open :roll:

are things like view transaction and basic print just to much to comprehend. Would'nt mind getting one of the designers/implementors to come out here, sit down and watch a days work go to pieces.

the only good thing is that the DIIF terminals are not on our account, they have had everything from the mouse to the bin thrown at them over the last two months, bloody good quality they are too. so credit where its due to the DIIF buyer, its jock proof.......so far :twisted: