Uni Poll on front page

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Aunty Stella, Jan 31, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, so which overpaid muppet is responsible for that poll?

Where is the option that should say

"Screw paying any extra, we already pay a fortune in tax that is incompetently spent, why can't the government get their act together and fund universities as an investment in our future"

or

"lets have a real means tested grants system where those that go on to earn a significantly higher percentage than the standard wage pay some (but by no means all) of their tuition fees back over an extended period as they are now, as a direct effect of their further education, earning a higher salary.

The Poll at the moment, although it has lots of choices, comes down to "yes I’ll pay it and educate my children even though I may not be able to afford it" or "no I won't and I will bow out without a fight"

I suspect that the originator of the Poll has enough to cough up either way, and did not, for one second, think about the 99% of the country that probably make up 98% of the intellectuals that can’t afford to throw away 3K + at a time with impunity